Pregnancy And Parenting

And rightly so.

Being left on your own after a couple of days with a new baby to deal with is without doubt the scariest thing imagineable.

It's also at the same time the most wonderful fantastic experience you'll ever have (and tiring!).

Best of luck. :D

Cheers. Excited is still how I feel the most.

Think it may be on it's way, she's been having stronger contractions over the past day or so, they seem to start and stop though.

The Wee Bear has had sickness and the shits since Christmas Eve. Been to the hospital to get checked as well due to being off his food. He usually gulps 7oz per feed but he struggles to finish 3/4oz at the moment. Thought we had turned a corner yesterday but was up with him all last night, shitting and vomming.

Spent couple of hours in triage at the Labour ward being checked for early labour today but they're satisfied that it's muscular. Bloody uncomfortable, was up all night . Bit scary but they hospital were brilliant.

The Wee Bear has had sickness and the shits since Christmas Eve. Been to the hospital to get checked as well due to being off his food. He usually gulps 7oz per feed but he struggles to finish 3/4oz at the moment. Thought we had turned a corner yesterday but was up with him all last night, shitting and vomming.

Sounds similar to Callum - he's been even worse than usual in the past 3 or 4 days, and has had a cold into the bargain (I was the guilty party). At least he sleeps a little better at night - usually two stretches of about 3 hours - although it takes 1 hour+ to get him to sleep.

How old is your wee lad? Callum is 7 weeks.

Spent couple of hours in triage at the Labour ward being checked for early labour today but they're satisfied that it's muscular. Bloody uncomfortable, was up all night . Bit scary but they hospital were brilliant.

God, that is scary, but glad to hear all is well. How far along are you now?

Hope your boys get better soon, Gnash and TM. There's nothing worse than a poorly wee one as they just can't tell you what's wrong. :(

Can I just put in a wee word for NHS24 where my wife works.

No matter how trivial you think your youngsters problems are, give them a call at anytime out of hours, the advice they can give is invaluable and they never see anything as too trivial where kids are involved.

Sounds similar to Callum - he's been even worse than usual in the past 3 or 4 days, and has had a cold into the bargain (I was the guilty party). At least he sleeps a little better at night - usually two stretches of about 3 hours - although it takes 1 hour+ to get him to sleep.

How old is your wee lad? Callum is 7 weeks.

17 weeks. He's looking much better tonight, appetites coming back.

God, that is scary, but glad to hear all is well. How far along are you now?

Hope your boys get better soon, Gnash and TM. There's nothing worse than a poorly wee one as they just can't tell you what's wrong. :(

Believe me Debs, Zack lets us know when there's something wrong :lol:

Can I just put in a wee word for NHS24 where my wife works.

No matter how trivial you think your youngsters problems are, give them a call at anytime out of hours, the advice they can give is invaluable and they never see anything as too trivial where kids are involved.

They were great, even though I spent most of Monday in two hospitals as a result of their advice.

3 days overdue today. This is murder, just hanging around the house waiting for something to happen.

Rasberry leaf tea and pineapple bought today, hopefully the old wives tales have a bit of substance!

A curry and sex is more fun ;)

Ita alot of balls if you ask me.........

On a serious note it says i have to pack a bag inacse he stays overnight.......... Hope it dosnt come to this

My son went through a minor heart op and they told me to pack a bag,He didn't need it so don't worry G_man ;)

Edited by keithgy

Ita alot of balls if you ask me.........

On a serious note it says i have to pack a bag inacse he stays overnight.......... Hope it dosnt come to this

That'll probably depend on the time of day it's done.

No signs here still, contractions keep coming and going with nothing coming of them. Had the midwife on Thursday there, her blood pressure is a bit low, but nothing to be worried about, everything else is still normal.

Hope he/she arrives soon, my gf is really fed up with being pregnant now.

That'll probably depend on the time of day it's done.

No signs here still, contractions keep coming and going with nothing coming of them. Had the midwife on Thursday there, her blood pressure is a bit low, but nothing to be worried about, everything else is still normal.

Hope he/she arrives soon, my gf is really fed up with being pregnant now.

I started labour at about 6am in the morning,got to the hospital at about 10am,and didn't have my daughter untill 11.30pm that night.

It was a horrid experiance for me,but I know it's not the same for everyone.

Edited by saints1884