Pregnancy And Parenting

There's loads of "bloke" guides you can get, which are probably more fun than reading the standard pregnancy and baby books that are aimed at women. The ones for men give you more advice on sexual positions for when the bump gets bigger and that sort of thing. laugh.gif

I was jsut about to ask for suggestions on books for first time fathers who are shiteing themselftongue.gif. I shall google it later and see what I can find, but I doubt the one for sexual positions will be any good to me....I've been warnedlaugh.gif.

I gave my husband that as a present, SD, and he loved it too :)

I wish it had some great advice on what to do with this damned virus Thomas has! Another 5 hours sitting in A&E tonight with a wee boy who now has an ever increasing amount of red angry blotches appearing on his body. And they are clearly bothering him as he's starting to scratch at them. Piriton isn't coping any more.

Poor wee man. :( He's now had a dose of steroids to see if that stops it happening.

I wish it had some great advice on what to do with this damned virus Thomas has! Another 5 hours sitting in A&E tonight with a wee boy who now has an ever increasing amount of red angry blotches appearing on his body. And they are clearly bothering him as he's starting to scratch at them. Piriton isn't coping any more.

Poor wee man. :( He's now had a dose of steroids to see if that stops it happening.

Wee man. Hope he gets better soon.

I was jsut about to ask for suggestions on books for first time fathers who are shiteing themselftongue.gif. I shall google it later and see what I can find, but I doubt the one for sexual positions will be any good to me....I've been warnedlaugh.gif.

We got this one, its brilliant. They also do a toddlers one and others, including teenagers :lol:

I was given this one as a gift when the wife was expecting Thomas. I thought it was tremendous. A great read, funny and at the same time packed with good advice.

Bloke's Guide to Pregnancy

I have also read this book, its great. I've got the Bloke's Guide to Babies too, which i've already started on.

using the anonymity of the internet here as i can't tell anyone else

i was awoken this morning to woman waving a plastic stick with two pink lines on it in my face. now although we hadn't been actively trying we had eazed off the birth control to let nature take its course. she believes she is 4 or 5 weeks down the line going to the quack tomorrow. now although i don't particularly like children i am highly excited by this revelation.

what have i let myself in for?

all advice taken as i havn't a fucking clue about this stuff

i was awoken this morning to woman waving a plastic stick with two pink lines on it in my face. now although we hadn't been actively trying we had eazed off the birth control to let nature take its course. she believes she is 4 or 5 weeks down the line going to the quack tomorrow. now although i don't particularly like children i am highly excited by this revelation.

Congratulations! Advice? Just ask a question as/when it comes up and you'll get someone's opinion on it. The books mentioned above are a good starting point. For now though, enjoy the excitement. :)

All the advice in the world will still leave you with times of complete and utter incomprehension of what to do next.

At the moment we're struggling to get our 9 month old to eat savoury stuff. She's was fine when it was much and she'll eat as much yogurt or sweet stuff (fruit etc) that you want but trying her to eat a bit of chicken/beef/salmon etc that has been a nightmare. Even tried going back to liquidizing but she's gone right off savoury. We can't just feed her on yogurt or keep trying to sneak a spoonful of savoury with her sweet.

Anyway, congratualtions and best of luck. It's the most difficult (and rewarding) thing you'll ever do.

Thanks for the words of support going to wait a few more weeks before telling our parents then we will let everyone else know after the first scan. That said I'm certain the cat will escape from the proverbial bag sooner than expected. I am actually looking forward to the pregnancy which is easy for me to say.

All the advice in the world will still leave you with times of complete and utter incomprehension of what to do next.

At the moment we're struggling to get our 9 month old to eat savoury stuff. She's was fine when it was much and she'll eat as much yogurt or sweet stuff (fruit etc) that you want but trying her to eat a bit of chicken/beef/salmon etc that has been a nightmare. Even tried going back to liquidizing but she's gone right off savoury. We can't just feed her on yogurt or keep trying to sneak a spoonful of savoury with her sweet.

Anyway, congratualtions and best of luck. It's the most difficult (and rewarding) thing you'll ever do.

The only advice I have with food is dont give up. Dont stop feeding them things because they dont immediately like them. And dont get too hung up about it, dont try and force it. Im pretty sure kids go through phases like this anyway, just persevere without pushing to hard.

Congratulations!

I've not been on for a few pages...have I missed any babies?

I dont think any babies post on here. They certainly match some posters on intellectual capacity, but lack the motor skills to type properly ;)