Pregnancy And Parenting

Cheers guys!

Last night was probably the longest night of my life. Elise didn't get put on the drip until 6pm, where she was 2cm dilated. At 10pm she was 4cm dilated. At 2am she was 6cm. At 6am she was still 6cm and finally given an epidural after going through what must have been hell for 12 hours. At 10am she was still at 6cm. At 12pm she hadn't progressed and the decision was made to give her a c-section. Booked for 2pm, baby was born just after ten past, op finished at about 2:40pm.

She's a wee smasher :D

Cheers guys!

Last night was probably the longest night of my life. Elise didn't get put on the drip until 6pm, where she was 2cm dilated. At 10pm she was 4cm dilated. At 2am she was 6cm. At 6am she was still 6cm and finally given an epidural after going through what must have been hell for 12 hours. At 10am she was still at 6cm. At 12pm she hadn't progressed and the decision was made to give her a c-section. Booked for 2pm, baby was born just after ten past, op finished at about 2:40pm.

She's a wee smasher :D

Photo (of the bub) or it didn't happen! ;)

It's magic being a new dad isn't it? Evie is now 9 months old and I'm still filled with an immense amount of pride and love even when I'm cleaning her shittey arse or when she's puked down my shoulder!

Just on this thread to wish Gaz, his wife and the new addition all the very best . Also, to all other Pnb members who have also had the pleasure of becoming parents recently, well done ;)

Cheers again for all the nice comments folks.

So, tomorrow I'm going to take the documents along to have her registered.

I'm also going to look into opening an account for her to save some money for her future - does anyone have a similar account for their wean(s)? Looking for something that'll be in her name but with my wife and I as a trustee, so that we can give her control of the account when she turns 18 or 21, that we can pay money into as and when and let it build up over her life.

Yeah, I've got one with RBS. Just take her birth certificate in and your own ID and the bank will sort it for you. Doesn't take long at all. I've even got online access through my own account so I can transfer money across in seconds.