Pregnancy And Parenting

Cheers again for all the nice comments folks.

So, tomorrow I'm going to take the documents along to have her registered.

I'm also going to look into opening an account for her to save some money for her future - does anyone have a similar account for their wean(s)? Looking for something that'll be in her name but with my wife and I as a trustee, so that we can give her control of the account when she turns 18 or 21, that we can pay money into as and when and let it build up over her life.

Aye. We opened one for Madi with the Airdrie Savings Bank, I don't understand why more people don't do it.

Cheers again for all the nice comments folks.

So, tomorrow I'm going to take the documents along to have her registered.

I'm also going to look into opening an account for her to save some money for her future - does anyone have a similar account for their wean(s)? Looking for something that'll be in her name but with my wife and I as a trustee, so that we can give her control of the account when she turns 18 or 21, that we can pay money into as and when and let it build up over her life.

We have an ISA in my fiancé's name for this purpose, much better interest rate than kids accounts.

They don't do the Child Trust Fund anymore do they? We put one into a savings account for the wee man and set up a standing order to put money into his account every month. I read something online about a Junior ISA though?

I used to work for the IR when the Child Trust Fund was introduced. Always remember the call I'd had from the woman who was adamant that her child was born at 00:01 on the 1st September 2002, but the hospital had recorded the official time as 23:58 on the 31st August 2002, meaning she wasn't eligible for one :lol:

She was going absolutely tonto on the phone as if it was my fault, I was trying my hardest not to laugh.

Had a look around and the Junior ISA seems like a decent idea. Nationwide do one for weans up to the age of 18. Will pop down and get a form today.

Gaz, you're very organised, been meaning to open one for Niamh!

It's always the same with your first though, we had Charlie's set up within a couple of weeks of him being born. We've still to do one for Harry and he will be one next month!

One, already?!

You are right though your always organised with first! Christ knows when this third one will get a bank account lol

Yeah, it's absolutely flown in, we're up to six teeth as well. He's some lad!

Hi folks. My wife and I are expecting our first baby and we've finally started telling folks now.

Lisa is 14 weeks already and all seems well so far. She's even got by the horrible nausea that seemed to hang over her and she's now starting to enjoy herself, even though her favourite clothes are "snug" now. ("Just means you'll need to buy me more..." sad.gif)

Highlight so far was probably telling my folks, who are adamant that they are too young to be Grandparents. laugh.gif Either that or the 12 week scan. Just seeing the wee yin on the screen was unbelievable.

First day as a grown up Primary 2 pupil for Eva my wee girl today.

Took the morning off to see her go in, got to the school gates, skipped away with her pals and didnt even look back as she lined up to go into class, too excited by it all.:D

Just found out i will be an uncle which is nice i did however laugh my arse off when i asked how it happened and the answer i got was along the lines of. She said it would be alright as she was due on that week.

Just found out i will be an uncle which is nice i did however laugh my arse off when i asked how it happened and the answer i got was along the lines of. She said it would be alright as she was due on that week.

I said to my husband 'it's fine I was due to ovulate last weekend' or not it seems :rolleyes:

My wife and I can barely remember the conception of our wee one :lol:

It was one of the drunkest nights ever and the two of us could barely remember that we'd actually had sex.

Looking at the dates, it appears we did.

And Karl junior will be here in a couple of months, can't wait :)