Pregnancy And Parenting

We couldn't use soy, we ended up with nutramagen which is an amino acid thing. Rank.

In fairness my health visitor happened to visit during one of Niamh's screaming/gagging/vomiting sessions and she weighed in and that seemed to get things moving.

We had nutramigen for our first but by then she was already on soy and wouldnt take nutramigen as it was rank. We got it again about a month ago and it smells a lot better than it did 5 years ago! It didn't work though so shes on soya now too!

we are struggling to find shops that actually sell maternity clothes.

what a freaking nightmare. plenty of ' oh our website does it' but no in store so she can see what she is buying.

we are struggling to find shops that actually sell maternity clothes.

what a freaking nightmare. plenty of ' oh our website does it' but no in store so she can see what she is buying.

H&M and Dorothy Perkins usually carry a range in their bigger stores and department store concessions like Debenhams. Mothercare always have some but I find its usually expensive "I love my bump" t-shirts and painter's dungarees. Their baby clothes are lovely but maternity wear is just a bit too mumsy unless you're going for really basic stuff like plain black trousers.

My personal favourite was Dorothy Perkins in terms of comfort and fit. New Look did start doing a range too though I couldn't tell you what it's like as I've been too old to shop in there for the last five years at least.

H&M and Dorothy Perkins usually carry a range in their bigger stores and department store concessions like Debenhams. Mothercare always have some but I find its usually expensive "I love my bump" t-shirts and painter's dungarees. Their baby clothes are lovely but maternity wear is just a bit too mumsy unless you're going for really basic stuff like plain black trousers.

My personal favourite was Dorothy Perkins in terms of comfort and fit. New Look did start doing a range too though I couldn't tell you what it's like as I've been too old to shop in there for the last five years at least.

cheers, we have tried a few of these places and some of them just aren't big enough to have a range or the clothes are not to her liking.

she got a couple of pairs of maternity leggings which apparently are doing the trick but shes needing a wee bit more than that!!

can get loads of baby clothes but not going to need that till end of the year.

hopefully we will find some stuff that will make it easier on her :D

Edited by weirdcal

cheers, we have tried a few of these places and some of them just aren't big enough to have a range or the clothes are not to her liking.

Thank f**k Mrs M is on the thread or the best advise you'd have got would have been something like, 'Get her a pair of XXL tracky bottom and tell her to stop whining' ;)

All the best to your Mrs. I'm guessing she's in her first trimester. Don't worry. It'll get better soon!

Wee girl. Cristina. She's great. Feeding well, poops like she's been on the Guinness. She fell asleep 30 mins before the CL final on Saturday and lasted right thru the whole game, which I definitely owe her a beer for when she's old enough. Only bother seems to be wind - wife's sister recommended colocynthis, going to check with the doc if she's ok to get it with her being so young.

Thank f**k Mrs M is on the thread or the best advise you'd have got would have been something like, 'Get her a pair of XXL tracky bottom and tell her to stop whining' ;)

All the best to your Mrs. I'm guessing she's in her first trimester. Don't worry. It'll get better soon eventually!

All the best to your Mrs. I'm guessing she's in her first trimester. Don't worry. It'll get better soon!

Cheers Kincardine, we are now in the second trimester (royal we as i am constantly reminded) and as for the tracky comments, there is a very very thin line between bravery and stupidity, this is a line i am not willing to test without a decent headstart!

Mine coming up to nine-months old. Had a couple of minor health concerns so far, but he got the all-clear today for the last of them.

He's started crawling about the place and is making wee words up in his own unique language. And tomorrow he starts at baby jail, aka nursery!

Its been bloody tiring so far, some dark days and some fun days, but we feel like the really fun part has now started with him. Can't wait to have a walking-talking wee man to play with!!

Wee girl. Cristina. She's great. Feeding well, poops like she's been on the Guinness. She fell asleep 30 mins before the CL final on Saturday and lasted right thru the whole game, which I definitely owe her a beer for when she's old enough. Only bother seems to be wind - wife's sister recommended colocynthis, going to check with the doc if she's ok to get it with her being so young.

I'd recommend the colocynthis granules too! They're bloody expensive and a bugger to get out from their wee bottle onto the spoon, but they can make a big difference.

Do you just give her the granules directly, you don't need to dissolve them? (And is that the pic from Mogwai Ep+6 as your avatar mate?)

Yes to Mogwai!

Yeah, just feed them directly via wee plastic spoon they give you in the packet. Tricky to get them to swallow the wee buggers at first!

Quite hard to find them. I go to the big Boots on Princes St now, get them over the counter upstairs. Not many of the wee branches seem to stock them.

Thanks dude. Shouldn't be an issue getting them, found them on sale on a homeopathy site, and there's a wee health food / supplements / vitamins shop near us that should have some. Mogwai was the last gig we saw before we became parents - saw them on April 29th with due date as May 13th.

Edited by carpetmonster

Mogwai was the last gig we saw before we became parents - saw them on April 29th with due date as May 13th.

That's brilliant / brave - I can imagine the wee one would have been kicking away frantically at some of the louder moments!

We went to see King Creosote at a similar stage in our pregnancy. A touch mellower! And we came with our own cushions - a first for me at a gig!

Not been on this thread for a while but am back with "good news everybody". Mrs Swarley is pregnant with No2, due date around December 7th. Delighted with this as we were unfortunate to suffer a miscarriage earlier this year.

Our first is due a week today, unfortunately my grandfather passed away last Saturday and have the funeral on Friday in Inverness.

Although i'm leaving it for her to decide if she wants to chance it as she knows her own body, I am extremely nervous about her waters breaking in Drumochter or something.

Our first is due a week today, unfortunately my grandfather passed away last Saturday and have the funeral on Friday in Inverness.

Although i'm leaving it for her to decide if she wants to chance it as she knows her own body, I am extremely nervous about her waters breaking in Drumochter or something.

Sorry to hear that mate, bittersweet time for you!!!

Top tip by the way for any expectant parents, ffs don't buy MAM anti-colic bottles, sure they do what they say on the tin but by feck are they a bastart to clean, 6 feckin pieces to each bottle and they footery as feck to get cleaned in the sink, you need to use the wee toaty teat brush for most of the bits as they have holes and ridges and openings here there and feckin every where, then you need to organise them with military precision in the steriliser, absolute nightmare!!!

Plus, they are a c**t to heat too as the bottom screw piece has the holes in it for the air to equalise with a wee seperate rubber seal which lets the milk pish out and hot water pish in from the bottle warmer, meaning you have to decant the milk into another steralised vessel, heat it and then decant it back into the feckin bottle, an absolute joy at half 3 in the morning!!!

and she's went and bought 20 of the feckers :thumbsdown

Not been on this thread for a while but am back with "good news everybody". Mrs Swarley is pregnant with No2, due date around December 7th. Delighted with this as we were unfortunate to suffer a miscarriage earlier this year.

congrats, you are due the day before we are.

its a race :P