Pregnancy And Parenting

Will invest in this i reckon, got to give it a bash, better than f#ck all. My other half has had no cravings yet.

Early days i guess still

Or try ginger tea, ginger ale or ginger biscuits.

My fiancee we think is 10 weeks on and nothing has changed, pretty nervous as 2 weeks today go for 12 week scan.

3 months do all women have big bumps or just some?

Wedding dress could be an issue also

Flying abroad ok within 3 months of pregnancy?

Flying in pregnancy

Although you might find this helpful

HTH

My fiancee we think is 10 weeks on and nothing has changed, pretty nervous as 2 weeks today go for 12 week scan.

Hopefully she'll start to feel better soon, then, as the placenta takes over the hormone production. The 12 weeks scan is fab. Did you manage to get rid of your mother in law?

3 months do all women have big bumps or just some?

I wasn't showing at 12 weeks, but am definitely starting to now at (almost) 16 weeks.

Wedding dress could be an issue also

How far gone will she be then? You can get some beautiful wedding dresses which will fit a bump - this one, for example, is stunning in my opinion, and would look lovely over a wee bump.

Flying abroad ok within 3 months of pregnancy?

As far as I'm aware, yes. I think it's getting into the 3rd trimester when problems can occur.

Ginger is supposed to settle your stomach. :P

I was really lucky though - was only sick once in my first 12 weeks and, to be honest, if my bump wasn't getting bigger, I wouldn't really feel pregnant.

Gingers unsettle my stomach.

Thanks and Good night. I'm going home.

Yip it's absolutely normal, as I'm sure Rowan will confirm... I have friends who used those travel bands for nausea which seems to help a little. Might be worth investing in a pair for your fiancée? I think you'd be able to get them in the chemist.

My only craving (if you can call it that) is milk. I can't drink enough of it. Apparently it's a sign that you're going to have a boy, so we'll see... Not had any strange food cravings, though.

Yes, it's normal and I used the travel bands which helped.

I was getting through about 6 pints of milk every 36hrs or so all the way through the pregnancy, we'd have been cheaper buying a cow.

I was getting through about 6 pints of milk every 36hrs or so all the way through the pregnancy, we'd have been cheaper buying a cow.

Ryan said that to me the other day! I asked, "do you get pre-pasteurised cows?" Hehe...

My wife had all the 'old wives' signs that it was going to be a boy.

We had a daughter. ;)

Lol, a couple of Pam's mates had all of those that it would be a boy too - the scan showed it was a girl* (like I said it would be).

*I know these aren't infallible, but a girl it will be.

My only craving (if you can call it that) is milk. I can't drink enough of it. Apparently it's a sign that you're going to have a boy, so we'll see... Not had any strange food cravings, though.

However I detest milk and I had a boy :P

I finally got to meet my friends newborn daughter yesterday. Everything was fine and auntie Samantha was enjoying bonding with the little one until she screwed up her face and started to cry very loudly. As soon as she screwed up her little face I knew she was going to do that. I instantly handed her to mum and that was that. It is one of the most awful sounds. I guess it's different when they are your own but I hate it when you're holding a baby and it starts to cry. It just completely ruins the moment. :(:lol:

I finally got to meet my friends newborn daughter yesterday. Everything was fine and auntie Samantha was enjoying bonding with the little one until she screwed up her face and started to cry very loudly. As soon as she screwed up her little face I knew she was going to do that. I instantly handed her to mum and that was that. It is one of the most awful sounds. I guess it's different when they are your own but I hate it when you're holding a baby and it starts to cry. It just completely ruins the moment. :(:lol:

Babies can be inconsiderate like that.