Pregnancy And Parenting

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Don't worry too much. It's fantastic. I mean, you can look forward to not being tired again in, oh, 14 years, maybe, if you're lucky. 

I’m tired at the thought.... :lol: 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If I have to sit through another fucking dominoes falling over video I’m going to throw myself off a cliff.

Do you need help finding a video? 

Now that I have a kid I pay attention to stuff like this and I'm probably being overly sentimental about it but this Reddit story actually made me angry.  What a selfish p***k.

No surprise whatsoever and it probably happens up and down our country as well.

My sister-in-law's ex-partner is like that. His only interests are football and gambling though. No interest in his daughter and the pictures he posts on social media making him out to be dad of the year are cringeworthy. Tbf the sister-in-law is pretty similar. She's more interested in herself and finding drama than she is in her own kid. I've no time for her either.

The best story he openly admitted to was saying he climbed into the wee one's cot one morning when she got up and put a couple of toys in and slept while she played. When she was under a year old I asked what time they put her to bed and his response was "oh just whenever. It doesn't really matter about a routine 'til she's in school" lolwut?! For months she slept in her carseat because "when we put take her out it and put her in the cot she doesn't settle". We had the wee one one night. Not sure her age but she was old enough that she was standing in our shower unaided (though we supervised, obviously). When we soaked her hair to wash it she went apeshit! This happened on more than one occasion without shampoo. I was watching her one day and decided to give her a bath. When I was done the water was literally black.

I have a 19 month old and she can sometimes get a scare with water covering her head. She is also dirty at the end of every day as she's into the arse end of everything. We have a wee bath for her and the water can sometimes be visibly dirty. But the combination of the fact my niece was screaming bloody murder and the water was manky lead me to the conclusion she was rarely showered or bathed. The pair of them are a couple of lazy b*****ds who were both far too immature to have a child. It seems to be a very common thing nowadays though and kids are almost a fashion accessory and folk forget it can be really hard work raising a child!

I despair for the next generation.

No surprise whatsoever and it probably happens up and down our country as well.

My sister-in-law's ex-partner is like that. His only interests are football and gambling though. No interest in his daughter and the pictures he posts on social media making him out to be dad of the year are cringeworthy. Tbf the sister-in-law is pretty similar. She's more interested in herself and finding drama than she is in her own kid. I've no time for her either.

The best story he openly admitted to was saying he climbed into the wee one's cot one morning when she got up and put a couple of toys in and slept while she played. When she was under a year old I asked what time they put her to bed and his response was "oh just whenever. It doesn't really matter about a routine 'til she's in school" lolwut?! For months she slept in her carseat because "when we put take her out it and put her in the cot she doesn't settle". We had the wee one one night. Not sure her age but she was old enough that she was standing in our shower unaided (though we supervised, obviously). When we soaked her hair to wash it she went apeshit! This happened on more than one occasion without shampoo. I was watching her one day and decided to give her a bath. When I was done the water was literally black.

I have a 19 month old and she can sometimes get a scare with water covering her head. She is also dirty at the end of every day as she's into the arse end of everything. We have a wee bath for her and the water can sometimes be visibly dirty. But the combination of the fact my niece was screaming bloody murder and the water was manky lead me to the conclusion she was rarely showered or bathed. The pair of them are a couple of lazy b*****ds who were both far too immature to have a child. It seems to be a very common thing nowadays though and kids are almost a fashion accessory and folk forget it can be really hard work raising a child!

I despair for the next generation.

Broken [emoji636] Britain.

Seriously though, the next Baby P can’t be far off. RIP Baby Q.

That sounds more like straightforward neglect than what the Reddit post was talking about. I can’t believe people behave that way towards their children. We had a friend of a friend who’d get his kid for weekends and the boys mother hadn’t been brushing his teeth or giving him breakfast. It’s unfathomable to me, tbh.

That sounds more like straightforward neglect than what the Reddit post was talking about. I can’t believe people behave that way towards their children. We had a friend of a friend who’d get his kid for weekends and the boys mother hadn’t been brushing his teeth or giving him breakfast. It’s unfathomable to me, tbh.

Facebook Comments pages give you a good idea of the state of the nation. How do you reckon some of those people are as parents, going purely on their comments?

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

When she was under a year old I asked what time they put her to bed and his response was "oh just whenever. It doesn't really matter about a routine 'til she's in school" lolwut?!

I had my nippers taking off their own shoes and putting them neatly by the rest as soon as they could take them off, before they were crawling. Routine from the get-go.

Sleeping in her carseat too, Jesus. Aside from laziness on the part of the parents, that can't be good for her body.

How long was she left to sleep in the car seat? You aren’t supposed to leave them in it for more than 2 hours but if they’re napping in it then it’s fair enough to take them inside in it rather than waking them up.

Parents not giving a f**k about their kids isn’t a new thing and it’s not uncommon either. I can’t read that original post on Reddit now, it seems to have been removed but I’m sure there are thousands of parents like that in the country who just can’t be fucked with their kids and view them as a hinderance.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie and Bovril

I thought it was an hour in car seats? We are planning a trip North and will be stopping every hour or so to make sure Callan gets a stretch.

I’m sure it was on here or maybe one of my friends told me that they once saw a couple with a kid in a shop, the kid was crying and the father turned to the mother and said “Shut that c**t up!”. Makes you weep.