Pregnancy And Parenting

Re homework: Not sure if it's still the same but it used to be it wasn't "legally enforceable" in Scotland.

Over here I only give homework when I feel it's necessary, usually for "catch-up" or as a "study guide" for a quiz/test.

On 12/10/2023 at 19:20, Jacksgranda said:

Just heard my youngest stepdaughter has lost the baby she was expecting - dead in the womb.

Despite being told last Thursday that her baby was dead, she had to wait until today to deliver it, and afaik it's away for a post mortem.

Then a burial at some date.

At one point she was being sent home with tablets to deliver it herself, on her own without medical supervision, but thankfully that was knocked on the head.

She's had a rough few days, the other 3 are with us, which has kept us occupied.

On 12/10/2023 at 23:03, BigBo10 said:

Terrible news. Sorry to hear that. 

On 12/10/2023 at 23:10, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Awful. Sorry to hear that JG. 

On 13/10/2023 at 08:17, scottsdad said:

Sorry to hear that. 

On 13/10/2023 at 15:55, Bully Wee Villa said:

Very sorry to hear that JG.

On 13/10/2023 at 19:41, kingjoey said:

Really sorry to hear that, JG. Awful news.

On 14/10/2023 at 11:14, hk blues said:

Sorry to hear that - hope she's doing as well as can be expected. 

Thanks chaps. This has affected me far worse than I imagined - I'm taking a step back from social media, so although you will see me lurking, you won't see me posting (much)!

If it's under I think 10 weeks then you are offered tablets. The reasoning being that some woman are more comfortable miscarrying at home, in a safe environment than on a hospital ward.

Being on the maternity ward, even in a side room is brutal, I think there has been a move to using gyne wards instead.

The other option is a D&C which I'm guessing is the op now unless she's had multiple miscarriages it's unlikely they will PM. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the new series of Superman And Lois with my daughter last night. The storyline [spoiler alert] is that Lois gets breast cancer. 

The episode finished with Clark Kent driving her off to her chemotherapy session. 

She turned to me and said "I wonder if the show will end up as just 'Superman And...'"

That's probably the grimmest thing I've ever heard her say. Morbid from a 13 year old! Made me laugh though. 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Watching the new series of Superman And Lois with my daughter last night. The storyline [spoiler alert] is that Lois gets breast cancer. 

The episode finished with Clark Kent driving her off to her chemotherapy session. 

She turned to me and said "I wonder if the show will end up as just 'Superman And...'"

That's probably the grimmest thing I've ever heard her say. Morbid from a 13 year old! Made me laugh though. 

I think @mathematicsmay have explained to do as to who's the daddy here......

To those with 'older' children, how old were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa? My 8 year old told me tonight that Santa's not real and I think I've managed to convince him otherwise for the time being.

Not sure I'm quite ready for the magic to go for him just yet but seems that day is coming far sooner than I hoped. Kids seem to grow up too quick now 

Edited by FK1Bairn

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

To those with 'older' children, how old were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa? My 8 year old told me tonight that Santa's not real and I think I've managed to convince him otherwise for the time being.

Not sure I'm quite ready for the magic to go for him just yet but seems that day is coming far sooner than I hoped. Kids seem to grow up too quick now 

I’m not sure if he was playing along for the sake of his sisters, but my eldest claimed to still believe up until he was 10. Middle one turns 10 next month and I think is still just about believing. Youngest is only 4, so she’s got a long while yet, I’d hope!