The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The matches on the NWO dvd are mostly shite.

The Outsiders vs. Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Sting & Lex Luger

Bash at the Beach – 7th July, 1996

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

The Giant vs. Hollywood Hogan

Hog Wild – 10th August, 1996

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat

Halloween Havoc – 27th October, 1996

Syxx vs. The Bounty Hunter

nWo Saturday Night – 9th November, 1996

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Outsiders vs. The Steiner Brothers

Souled Out – 25th January, 1997

Hollywood Hogan vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

SuperBrawl VII – 23rd February, 1997

Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman vs. Lex Luger & The Giant

Bash at the Beach – 13th July, 1997

Las Vegas Sudden Death Match

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy “Macho Man” Savage

Halloween Havoc – 26th October, 1997

Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan

Nitro – 29th December, 1997

No Disqualification Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Hollywood Hogan vs. Randy “Macho Man” Savage

Nitro – 20th April, 1998

Match for Control of the WCW World Tag Team Championship

Sting vs. The Giant

Great American Bash – 14th June, 1998

Hollywood Hogan & Eric Bischoff vs. Jay Leno & Diamond Dallas Page

Road Wild – 8th August, 1998

War Games Match to Determine the #1 Contender for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Team WCW vs. Team Hollywood vs. Team Wolfpack

Fall Brawl – 13th September, 1998

No Disqualification Match for WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash

Starrcade – 27th December, 1998

Goldberg vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart

Nitro – 20th December, 1999

Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. The Rock & “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

RAW – 11th March, 2002

Some good stuff in there but hell of alot of shite as well. Too much Roddy Piper for my liking.

If I was doing it, I'd have Rock beat Punk at the Rumble and have the rematch (1v1) at EC. Cena wins the Chamber #1 contender match setting up Rock vs Cena at Mania.

I'll be honest, I can't see any other outcome than Rock vs Punk vs Cena for the title at Mania.

Punk has been so vocal in the past about his bitterness at not yet main-eventing a Mania and obviously has a lot of pull within the company now to make this happen. Also, Cena-Rock was billed as 'once in a lifetime', wouldn't really make sense to have a second one on one match at mania, especially a year later.

I'll be honest, I can't see any other outcome than Rock vs Punk vs Cena for the title at Mania.

Punk has been so vocal in the past about his bitterness at not yet main-eventing a Mania and obviously has a lot of pull within the company now to make this happen. Also, Cena-Rock was billed as 'once in a lifetime', wouldn't really make sense to have a second one on one match at mania, especially a year later.

I could see that as well. I'm just not sure if they'd put Punk in a Mania main event. I'd love it.

Doesn't matter too much. Cena will pin Rock to win the WWE title at Mania, no matter who is in the match with them, he has to pin Rock.

I'm convinced it's either going to be Cena/Taker or Rock/Taker. We'll probably find out this Monday night on Raw. Cena would be my bet with Taker eliminating him from the Royal Rumble match costing him his title shot at Mania. I have a feeling that CM Punk however will hold onto the title until or even beyond Mania.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I could see that as well. I'm just not sure if they'd put Punk in a Mania main event. I'd love it.

If the WWE deems The Miz big enough to headline a Mania main event then surely they have no doubts with CM Punk? He's arguably been the biggest heel in the WWE since HHH was champion.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I'm convinced it's either going to be Cena/Taker or Rock/Taker. We'll probably find out this Monday night on Raw. Cena would be my bet with Taker eliminating him from the Royal Rumble match costing him his title shot at Mania. I have a feeling that CM Punk however will hold onto the title until or even beyond Mania.

Can see this also, reckon they'll go Punk - Rock II at Mania, this feud is gonna run.

Nah. They don't even know if Taker is fit, so they'll not have planned for him to be in the match.

Caught a bit of NXT last week. Kassius Ohno looks fucking ace. Get him up to the main roster ASAP.

Big E Langston is pish. Bray Wyatt reminds me of a cross between Waylon Mercy and some other early 90s WWF guy who's name has just escaped me. Wasn't Wyatt in the original NXT? If so, why is he still around? He's pish.