The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

What was different about Stone Cold Steve Austin?

He didn't look like a p***k. That's the difference. Plus, Steve Austin came around at a time where the demographic that WWE were aiming for was late teens at least. It's a very different scenario now.

Suppose we will just have to agree to disagree. Cena/Hart vs Batista/McMahon was strong enough to carry on its own with no belts, but perhaps those in thw backoffice thought HHH vs Sheamus wasn't strong enough, and perhaps they are right.

I'm going to apologize and take back what I said about the title change btw. I think I know where they're going with this. It'd be a shocker if they did it. Bret Hart winning the gold as a final farewell and goodwill gesture ?

If it makes no sense for Hogan to put older guys over - why are they all there? Again just my opinion, but ego's will catch up and the fact that Hogan has already came out of retirment, after openly stating his body could not handle it after his Australian tour, shows that the biggest ego of all wil kill another company.

Because nobody gives a shit about AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Desmond Wolfe. Hogan brought through a bunch of people who could engage an audience. It worked initially. What TNA have also done is lit a fire under people who were initially poor. Mr. Anderson has been an absolute revelation as far as character goes. An absolute c**t with no redeeming factors.

Hogan has come out of retirement to wrestle on the biggest TV show TNA has put on to date. It's a ratings spike. Nothing more. Hogan CAN'T come back on a regular basis. It is physically impossible.

He didn't kill ANY company btw. He helped make WCW the #1 promotion in the US before idiots like Vince Russo and Kevin Nash brought the whole thing crumbling down.

Agree with you about TNA but you can hardly compare Rock vs Austin to Cena vs Batista

It's as close as you can get these days though. It'll be a long time before we get a Rock/Austin.

1) WWE either has to turn Orton face or give him a big storyline to get his heat back. For weeks now, since they have been teasing a Legacy split h's been getting cheered to f**k. Either make him face or do something fast to make him a cnut.

There's a major problem in the whole Legacy thing. It wasn't that long ago that Randy Orton was the monster heel and the fans were BEGGING Dibiase and Rhodes to beat the ever loving shit out of him. What happened ? Randy Orton ends up wrestling Sheamus, a heel, while playing the heel in a split from Legacy, which shows that when it comes to Orton, the writers still don't know what in god's name they have.

2) I hate the Miz

Ya fanny.

3) What is the point in R-Truth. They wasted a spot on him in the chamber when I reckon another heel would have been ideal(possibly McIntyre).

I'm glad they didn't have McIntyre in the jobber boy role that R-Truth was destined to take. Plus, IC Title defence is better than said jobber boy role too. Shove Matt Hardy in there. At least he's competent.

Oh, I see someone has come in with the Bret idea. I'd say it's looking very likely. Either that or John Cena wins and Bret Hart does a sort of passing of the torch with him, rather than do the farewell.

The totally leftfield match is still be hyped. You know, the Mr T, Tyson, Mayweather type match. Dunno why but I reckon this might involve Hunter as I can't see where he can go at the moment, unless the Taker/HBK thing is a swerve. Same goes for Hornswoggle, what happens to him now?

I love the build up to Mania, there is always something around the corner that might happen.

As for TNA, until they take it into real arenas every week and get it away from Orlando, I can't watch it. The crowd are probably paid to cheer and boo when they are told.

As for TNA, until they take it into real arenas every week and get it away from Orlando, I can't watch it. The crowd are probably paid to cheer and boo when they are told.

They don't. They did try it once and it didn't go down too well.

The totally leftfield match is still be hyped. You know, the Mr T, Tyson, Mayweather type match. Dunno why but I reckon this might involve Hunter as I can't see where he can go at the moment, unless the Taker/HBK thing is a swerve. Same goes for Hornswoggle, what happens to him now?

I love the build up to Mania, there is always something around the corner that might happen.

As long as they are still in Orlando come June as I'll be going to see it for the 4th time in its existance. Last time was Victory Road 07 and I am visible in the James Storm vs Rhyno match.

Cant see the video anymore but I'm gonna take a guess that it was the handheld vid of Taker's entrance last night?

Yep, it was. And here it is for anyone who didn't see it (I didn't notice it on the tv angle).

http://www.tmz.com/v...82-8720117fde78

There was talk last night of claiming Shawn Michaels was in on the pyro deal that burned Undertaker, turning it into an angle. One of the things in the decision making was going to be based on if the company has an impressive looking camera angle on it. Or they may decide against using the idea at all. Undertaker legitimately had first and second degree burns on his chest and neck. Regarding the whole deal, it's now considered very lucky things didn't turn out worse for Undertaker, who worked the match in tremendous pain and refused to shorten the match. The sleeve of his jacket and a part of his had melted when the pyro guy shot off the flames early, right where he was standing.

f4wonline.com

Edited by garymcc1874

Yep, it was. And here it is for anyone who didn't see it (I didn't notice it on the tv angle).

http://www.tmz.com/v...82-8720117fde78

I hope they dont make it an angle. For Michaels to cost Taker the title is already a big enough heel thing to do. They did a pyro thing for the Matt - Jeff fued last year which wasn't needed as well.

Who's staying up for Raw tonight?

According to wwe.com, HBK will be on to explain his actions and they hint at Taker showing up. Plus we'll have Batista and Edge on Raw too. The Raw after No Way Out (Now EC) is usually a cracker.

Streak vs Career. I guess Shawn Michaels is wanting to retire then.

Christian officially a Raw guy now. Would rather he went to Smackdown, more chance of getting a main event push. But lets hope he wins this Money in the Bank qualifier.

Streak vs Career. I guess Shawn Michaels is wanting to retire then.

Gutted :unsure:

I know HBK doesnt need the money or the belts anymore, but the guy just doesnt have bad matches. You could put him in a feud with anyone and it would turn out great, even Hornswoggle!

Just imagine if the 2 of the better wrestlers in TNA, Styles and Samoa Joe ended up in WWE, how good would matches with Michaels be?

Gutted :unsure:

I know HBK doesnt need the money or the belts anymore, but the guy just doesnt have bad matches. You could put him in a feud with anyone and it would turn out great, even Hornswoggle!

Just imagine if the 2 of the better wrestlers in TNA, Styles and Samoa Joe ended up in WWE, how good would matches with Michaels be?

AJ Styles is like a younger HBK, except younger and much flashier. HBK back in the mid 90s was basically a glorified spot monkey, but he knew how to get the spots in, and also knew how to sell to get an audience behind him, and AJ Styles is very much like that. Would be interesting to see a match with those two.

Joe has gone downhill a bit. He needs to get that motivation back. Mid 2000s Joe would have a corker.

Gutted unsure.gif

Hulk Hogan!

I'd loose all respect for Joe or Styles if they went to TNA. Hopefully guys like the Pope and Angle will be constantly reminded them of the tiring schedule.