The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Harg - You still going to one of the DGUK shows? PBW/ICW are running that weekend up here on the Sat/Sun, so I'm adding ICW to the weekend for me.

It's still the plan to go to DG:UK so I'm gonna be going straight from there to ICW on the Sunday. Which is a pain because they want people to dress up. I'll need to slowly morph into one of the Bucky Boys on the bus.

If it comes down to a choice between DG:UK and ICW, it's going to be ICW, but I'm really hoping to do both.

No question there mate, it's just what he does in the mean time that leaves doors open. I've got afeeling he'll do a tour with some band as a roadie, likely Paramore seen as he's mates with Haley.

He's worked pretty much constantly, being on the road, clocking up th miles and taking the bumps for 5 years straight aside from one brief injury where he was still on TV. He hasn't spunked his money on booze or fags, he's fucking loaded. He can do whatever he likes, he's earned it.

Right, some Destination X thoughts...

* I thought this was far too one sided before the finish. It felt like a squash match and I just couldn't get into Kaz at all. That might have been the point as his win came right out of the blue, but I didn't enjoy this.

* Mark Haskins didn't look that good at all which disappointed me. He blew his big two spots. Haskins dying his hair and changing his trunks didn't help either. Nothing about him clicked at all, and Douglas Williams' domination was almost the icing on the cake. Just a poor showing all round here.

* Generation Me vs. Shark Boy and Eric Young was fun. I don't like Shark Boy at all but Eric Young showed me a lot here. He looked fired up and ready to impress. GenMe are solid as always.

* This looked like it was put on the card purely to have an Ultimate X on there. I don't mind that since it was the X Division showcase but surely that should have gone to the contract match? Anyways, it was a fun spotfest.

* One of the better matches between Lynn and RVD. I appreciate what they did by having Jerry Lynn as a grumpy old heel rather than doing the showcase that they have done a million times over, and it made the big moves mean something when they got to them. A cracking wee match.

* The contract four way. I clocked this one in at ****1/2. It did everything I ask for in a spotfest. They made the contract seem like the most important thing in the world.

* I liked the ending of Kendrick vs. Abyss. Before that I thought it was a good big man/little man contest and when I seen the ref bump, I was like "oh for f**k sake" but then the crazyness kicked in and we got a belter of an X division feel good moment.

* The main event between Daniels and Styles was just by far the worst match I have seen from the two men. No emotion and not anything even close to heat between the two men. Those two guys clearly don't care, so why should I? Lot of crap.

Nice PPV actually.

It's still the plan to go to DG:UK so I'm gonna be going straight from there to ICW on the Sunday. Which is a pain because they want people to dress up. I'll need to slowly morph into one of the Bucky Boys on the bus.

If it comes down to a choice between DG:UK and ICW, it's going to be ICW, but I'm really hoping to do both.

i've got no choice now that I've got my tickets for DG, however I've looked at trains from Nottingham to GQS and the prices are hefty right now, although they'll go down to like £50 I guess, buses, I can't find right now.

Suits me!!!

Yup, me too. I quite enjoyed it.

i've got no choice now that I've got my tickets for DG, however I've looked at trains from Nottingham to GQS and the prices are hefty right now, although they'll go down to like £50 I guess, buses, I can't find right now.

Buses were 58 quid last I checked which is decent and should get you back up here for around 18.00.

There was an interview with Perry Saturn in a wrestling mag a few months ago. Pretty sure he had a mean crystal meth addiction and became homeless. Pretty radical. He nearly lost everything; I'm talking total elimination. Luckily he was able to mop(py) his life up.

Aw man, first read through I didn't see "radical" and gutted myself at the total elimination. Thought it was just a freudian slip. Top effort all the same.

The comment is very poorly written! Also I'm pretty sure Punk would get his totties from most of them in a real fight. A big guy like Cena would probably pummell him to f**k! He'd beat Rey and probably Bourne, but the rest would most likely take him down to brown town.

It's not all about size, Punk is pretty smart. I think he'd be able to take down your big, WWE looking guys.

Wrestlers you wouldn't have a hope against? Lesnar, Shamrock and Blackman all come to mind, they'd fucking eat you if you said something bad about them.

edit: forgot to put this in, was hitting sporcle earlier and found this gem of a game. My link. Between me and my brother(who's into his 80 and 90s wrestling) we got 46/60. Pretty good effort.

Didn't get:

Taka(mispelled Michinoku), Christian ph34r.gifmad.gif, Mean Street Posse, Diesel, Beverly Brothers, Jamie Noble, Bushwackers, Jackie, Smoking Guns, Greg Valentine, Tatanka, D'lo, Vader and Perry Saturn

Edited by forehead7

edit: forgot to put this in, was hitting sporcle earlier and found this gem of a game. My link. Between me and my brother(who's into his 80 and 90s wrestling) we got 46/60. Pretty good effort.

Didn't get:

Taka(mispelled Michinoku), Christian ph34r.gifmad.gif, Mean Street Posse, Diesel, Beverly Brothers, Jamie Noble, Bushwackers, Jackie, Smoking Guns, Greg Valentine, Tatanka, D'lo, Vader and Perry Saturn

That's a belter of a quiz. Got 54/60

I missed out...

Demolition, Smoking Gunns, Greg Valentine, Hardcore Holly :ph34r: , Beverly Brothers and Akeem.