Livingston - all the threads merged

Hang on a sec, Livingston's problems can't all be laid at the door of Massone. The club has been shockingly run since they first joined the league. That things have come to a head now is unfortunate for Massone. He may well be a corrupt, incompetent and vindictive chairman, but he's not the first at the club, and not the only one operating in Scottish football.

Too true, but Livingston FC have established themselves as the spiritual home for such individuals.

Hunter was the "fly by night" who screwed over Meadowbank's creditors. Dominic Keane was the fantasist who used any and all permutations of lies and dishonesty to confidence trick a gullible lottery winner out of his fortune, and many others out of four, five and six figure sums.

Pearse Flynn was the one who kept it afloat long enough to asset strip the Nite Spot away from the club, and replace himself with a greedier but far less astute Italian who thought he was about to hoover up a few assets himself........only to find that Flynn had beaten him to it.

The Council: Their management of the stadium, their lilly livered approach to all things LFC related, and their fannying around with development work around the stadium..........all of this have been contributory in this sham of a club attracting some extremely unsavoury individuals to the town. The council deserve a major foot up the arse.

The SFL: The cowards of the country now need to raise themselves up onto their hind legs and apply the kind of penalties to LFC that clearly reflect that "enough is enough". No iffs, buts, or maybes. Relegation or a points deduction that makes relegation in the coming season an absolute certainty. I'm talking a minimum of 20 points here, but I'd prefer 30 points.

Edited by Guest

The SFL: The cowards of the country now need to raise themselves up onto their hind legs and apply the kind of penalties to LFC that clearly reflect that "enough is enough". No iffs, buts, or maybes. Relegation or a points deduction that makes relegation in the coming season an absolute certainty. I'm talking a minimum of 20 points here, but I'd prefer 30 points.

Sing it.

Hmm, this might have been the slowest car crash in the history of mankind. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the administrators will spend two or three weeks valuing and selling the assets right?

My guess (and, sorry to say, now my hope) is that they'll start the season and then the gates will close too late to promote anyone else. This will only be avoided if the SFL take pre-emptive action, and I suspect we're pissing into the wind with that hope.

That action should have been taken two months ago to avoid the situation we now have. Instead we've got the ridiculous situation where the first division is either going to be a 9 team league, or there will effectively be no automatic relegation.

That action should have been taken two months ago to avoid the situation we now have. Instead we've got the ridiculous situation where the first division is either going to be a 9 team league, or there will effectively be no automatic relegation.

listen to her - waiting for them to be saved for the second year in a row.

deduct them 20 points and be done with it.

Edited by da_no_1

I think in either case - nine teams or Livi with a bunch dropped points and all their "best" players gone - there will be no automatic relegation this season. Which is great, so far as it goes, but kind of makes a mockery of the league. And, as you say, this should have been sorted out months ago. This situations was obvious to anyone with half a clue. The SLF have no clue, it would seem.

Either way, Airdrie fans probably have a right to be quite bitter about the way this has all been handled (or not handled, as the case may be).