Livingston - all the threads merged

I noticed this:

http://franchises.about.com/od/franchiseba...-franchises.htm

A franchise is a right granted to an individual or group to market a company's goods or services within a certain territory or location. Some examples of today's popular franchises are McDonald's, Subway, Domino's Pizza, and the UPS Store.

The SFL's 'goods or services' is recognised, competitive football (at tiers 2-4) in Scotland.

Edited by Millfield Marksman

Ged appeals to Angelo.

Apparently Massone is staying in the Sheraton Hotel which is only a few miles from me. I know where I'm heading tommorow, if he doesn't sell up...

That's a pretty irresponsible thing to post. So I'll happily compound your error by quoting you.

That's a pretty irresponsible thing to post. So I'll happily compound your error by quoting you.

Why is it irresponsible? He hasn't implied anything immoral or criminal. It could well just be a peaceful protest.

Ged appeals to Angelo.

Apparently Massone is staying in the Sheraton Hotel which is only a few miles from me. I know where I'm heading tommorow, if he doesn't sell up...

Why have the club ambassadors not been seen or heard from, you would think at a time like this they would be involved? <_<

How would trainbairn have the info? the deadline is tomorrow at noon, or does he have a link with Massone so knows what his answer is?

Any idea what is involved though?

I dont know. Its all in the EPL rules apparently if you want to go look.

There's nothing in Massone's history to suggest he would have failed such a test.

I dont know enough about Massone, or the test, to comment on that. Im willing to bet that you dont really either.

There's nothing in Massone's history to suggest he would have failed such a test.

A lot of Livingston (and other teams) fans seem to be missing the point. Things have come to a head under Massone, but he has done, apparently, nothing more or less corrupt than the previous regimes. He's an easy target, but hardly the cause of all Livingston's fatal woes.

Why have the club ambassadors not been seen or heard from, you would think at a time like this they would be involved? <_<

How would trainbairn have the info? the deadline is tomorrow at noon, or does he have a link with Massone so knows what his answer is?

Ambassadors, pray do tell?

Well okay, I'll rephrase that, there's nothing we know about in Massone's history, he's not an undischarged bankrupt or he's not got convictions for fraud or anything like that. Fair enough, it's possible he does have such skeletons that haven't emerged but I can't believe we wouldn't know about them.

Edited by Yoss

Well okay, I'll rephrase that, there's nothing we know about in Massone's history, he's not an undischarged bankrupt or he's not got convictions for fraud or anything like that. Fair enough, it's possible he does have such skeletons that haven't emerged but I can't believe we wouldn't know about them.

Do you really think an organisation as understaffed and over-bovine as the SFL has the wherewithal (or imagination) to investigate the background of an obscure Italian lawyer?

Not even Italians can investigate other Italians with ease. It is a very bureaucratic and in many ways still a very hidden culture. The desk jockeys at the SFL are supposed to have compiled their own intel on the guy? Aye, OK.

Why is it irresponsible?

Surely the Holiday Inn or a B&B would have highlighted a greater understanding of the clubs plight. He's just taking the piss now. I bet he's even on a half-board, meal plan as well. :angry:

Surely the Holiday Inn or a B&B would have highlighted a greater understanding of the clubs plight. He's just taking the piss now. I bet he's even on a half-board, meal plan as well. :angry:

To be fair the breakfast buffet is well worth splurging on.

Do you really think an organisation as understaffed and over-bovine as the SFL has the wherewithal (or imagination) to investigate the background of an obscure Italian lawyer?

Not even Italians can investigate other Italians with ease. It is a very bureaucratic and in many ways still a very hidden culture. The desk jockeys at the SFL are supposed to have compiled their own intel on the guy? Aye, OK.

No I don't, I agree with you.

We've got plenty of journalists though and not all of them are rubbish. If he's managed to keep any such skeletons from the public eye then there's no reason to suppose that the SFL would be any more likely to be able to uncover them.

In any case the fit and proper persons test only runs on concrete events such as previous (football) insolvencies, convictions for fraud, insider trading, betting scams and whatever. It's not a test that can easily pick up someone who just turns out to be hopelessly incompetent.

Edited by Yoss

In fairness the Gretna that was voted in and lived well within its means for the first two seasons in the SFL, was a very different beast to the one that died last season. If I remember correctly there were a few dissenting voices in Gretna regarding Mileson's influence on the club, to begin with anyway.

That said, I think most clubs would have struggled to reject his indecent proposal. Gretna were a very well run club, so it's hard too see how anyone could have predicted what would happen, when they were elected. It just so happens Mileson chose Gretna, but it could equally have been Berwick, Ayr or Queens for that matter (These teams are just examples for arguments sake, but I think you get my drift).

They may have been a well run club prior to being elected. Were they not in the 3rd division when they were paying Steve Tosh more than Aberdeen could?

It's so incredibly frustrating that our future is in the hands of a such a stubborn person as Massone. While there's still doubt in my mind over potential takeover bids, I reckon we will survive if we can get past this hurdle.