Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Mother of god; what's going to happen when we play the jail-enders?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10947789/livingston-mo-sangare-wrong-stadium-friendly-david-martindale/

TBH the club must bear some of the blame; if they're expecting players to make their own way to a match they need to provide some pretty detailed instructions; not just hope for the best. I think a number of the boys carshare as well but Lesser Hampdon's not a ground that any of our players have been to as far as I know.

Wasn't it Mo who almost didn't sign because he was changing his phone contract and Martindale couldn't get in touch with him?

Accrington Stanley groundsman on Twitter saying "That's Mo for you" which suggests we might end up with a few similar stories about him :lol:

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Seem to recall Dolly Menga had a dreadful reputation for self discipline.

Didn't we end up ensuring he travelled to an away ground with another player to ensure he got there due to a previous non-show?

I think Efe Ambrose had a chaperone for travelling except the cup final where he actually made it before everyone if I remember right

47 minutes ago, Durnford said:

And another thing....

Joel Nouble hasn't appeared in the squad since the QoS game. (1st July)

Who's first with the rumours board?

Apparently there were scouts at the QotS game, which explains why he played. I think someone asked him why he wasn't playing and he said he was being rested for the league cup group games

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

See Lucas Stenhouse and Calan Ledingham have been promoted to the first team squad with numbers 34 and 35 respectively.

Lucas is a cracking player - I’ve seen him loads over the years as my boy played up front with him both for Bankton Primary and James Young HS. Definitely has the potential to make it at a high level.

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought we might have had the Teto signing announcement today, but maybe saving it for a super Friday signing announcement.

Wasn't he flying up from South Africa yesterday? Its at least a 12 hour journey; more if he needs to change which he probably does. 

After that he probably needs some chill time. He's hardly want to do the tour; negotiate and sign before the customary "press"conference - or maybe they're waiting for Callum Carson to get back from the lakes?

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Wasn't he flying up from South Africa yesterday? Its at least a 12 hour journey; more if he needs to change which he probably does. 

After that he probably needs some chill time. He's hardly want to do the tour; negotiate and sign before the customary "press"conference - or maybe they're waiting for Callum Carson to get back from the lakes?

They better hurry up, the South Africans are hounding the club all over the socials. I was getting quite excited seeing how highly they rate him but then my Motherwell supporting mate reminded me that the Ugandan fans were doing the same when Mugabi signed for them....even comparing him to a prime Maldini. I think he looks more like Nardini, personally

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

They better hurry up, the South Africans are hounding the club all over the socials. I was getting quite excited seeing how highly they rate him but then my Motherwell supporting mate reminded me that the Ugandan fans were doing the same when Mugabi signed for them....even comparing him to a prime Maldini. I think he looks more like Nardini, personally

He must have something, these are encouraging words from Martindale.

"The staff would always get there earlier than the players to set up the drills and we used to sit and watch TS Galaxy training and this wee kid was unbelievable.

"And then we watched TS Galaxy against Giresunspor who are in the Turkish Super League and wee Teto was fantastic, honestly, he was brilliant.

40 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Aye but it was mentioned that he was one for the future and he would certainly take a fair bit of time to get used to the Scottish game.

Decent result for the Lions today,with respect to the opposition. Looking at other results ie St Mirren St Johnstone Dundee Utd,il take that.Regardless of how serious teams take this competition a winning mentality pre season will in the long run do no harm whatsoever.Its early doors for all.Real stuff starts August 5th.