Livingston - all the threads merged

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On your last post about Martindale asking Dave Black and not McIlvogue, as CEO i'd imagine he was Martindale's first first point of contact asking for money to get Rice, and then the CEO went to Ward and McIlvogue, as all three are mentioned in the statement.

Mcilvogue is the CFO he should be the point of contact regarding any sort of expenditure. The F stands for financial btw.

Anyway CEO, CFO, GTFO… it’s all window-dressing at Livingston. What Martindale wants, Martindale gets and he doesn’t ‘ask’ for anything - especially money….

14 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Mcilvogue is the CFO he should be the point of contact regarding any sort of expenditure. The F stands for financial btw.

Anyway CEO, CFO, GTFO… it’s all window-dressing at Livingston. What Martindale wants, Martindale gets and he doesn’t ‘ask’ for anything - especially money….

What difference does it make, the manager has a long term working relationship with the CEO.

No need to be a dick but i guess you can't help it.

13 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

You know nothing mate. Nice of them to keep their jobs too! That’s not something you hear of when new owners take over… 

It is yes, kept everything pretty smooth going on, thank feck. Had too many new owners coming in with no clue, making big changes that didn't do the team or club any good.

18 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I may have misread, but are you saying that the CEO shouldn't be involved in any sort of financial decision? 

17 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

You know nothing mate. Nice of them to keep their jobs too! That’s not something you hear of when new owners take over… 

A common theme on this thread at the moment then 😂 

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

What difference does it make, the manager has a long term working relationship with the CEO.

No need to be a dick but i guess you can't help it.

It is yes, kept everything pretty smooth going on, thank feck. Had too many new owners coming in with no clue, making big changes that didn't do the team or club any good.

Yeah nothing says smooth ownership like being the face behind a mil in losses and losing a court case you said you were going to win.

Court again in January, I hear your season ticket will get you a good seat. 

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

I may have misread, but are you saying that the CEO shouldn't be involved in any sort of financial decision? 

A common theme on this thread at the moment then 😂 

Yeah you clearly misread, as I was responding to someone who said the first point of contact would be the CEO.

You might need bigger specs than the guy in your profile pic. 

1 minute ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Yeah you clearly misread, as I was responding to someone who said the first point of contact would be the CEO.

You might need bigger specs than the guy in your profile pic. 

Manager speaks to CEO -> CEO speaks to CFO and Chairman -> Joint decision made

What a concept!

Of course you have every right to question motivations etc (this is the Livi board we're talking about), however it sounds more like you have an issue with Black, Ward etc. I'd be more concerned in McIlvogue got involved and emptied the entire club for the sake of change to be honest. 

Think what we can all agree is its all smoke and mirrors at Livingston even still.

Wonder if January's court case will reveal anything new 😀

The asks by the club for an out of court settlement have not been successful to date.

the facts are even although Martindale portrays to media he leaves the business side to Ward & Co the last judgement from the outer house of the court of session would suggest otherwise and in fact Martindlae trying to do "deals" with investors - wake up and smell the coffee folks.

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Really good appointment IMO. Somewhat confused how we've managed to just nab someone's manager to come in as a coach

Alloa have been poor this season certainly worse than last year when he got them into the playoffs, I don't think Rice could have taken them much further in all honesty, although FWIW I think he's a better coach than manager

18 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

We are we discussing Livingston's FC executive structure like it is Apple inc. There are about 5 folk in the building. Davie probably shouted out the office door and Dave Black was the first to arrive. 

“Dave, want me to show you how to bankrupt a fitba club?”

If the truth is what has been said by Ward then its been a £1.2m of losses in the last 2 years. 

Lets not be fooled and blame everything on Covid-19

A wage bill of around £1.2m where is the other £2m plus going each year can't all be going on 20 ish games and a handful of employed staff? 

39 minutes ago, Livi said:

Think what we can all agree is its all smoke and mirrors at Livingston even still.

Wonder if January's court case will reveal anything new 😀

The asks by the club for an out of court settlement have not been successful to date.

the facts are even although Martindale portrays to media he leaves the business side to Ward & Co the last judgement from the outer house of the court of session would suggest otherwise and in fact Martindlae trying to do "deals" with investors - wake up and smell the coffee folks.

Sharkwater law is still representing the club in court. Unless they win, we’ll still be scratching our heads as to why they’re representing the club after all they’ve bungled…

Smoke and mirrors truly… on the business and pecuniary matters I would take anything the club says with a bucket of salt.   

By the time we get any honest answers we’ll have already been docked 12 points and on the way to relegation/administration.

1 minute ago, Livi said:

If the truth is what has been said by Ward then its been a £1.2m of losses in the last 2 years. 

Lets not be fooled and blame everything on Covid-19

A wage bill of around £1.2m where is the other £2m plus going each year can't all be going on 20 ish games and a handful of employed staff? 

We were in profit up till covid, a season and a bit without gate and corporate money coming in def has been the catalyst for our financial woes. In that time the missed match day revenue from 4 erse cheek games alone would've wiped out that 1.2 million debt.

Just now, Dav nan Gael said:

Martindale is involved at some level financially and at boardroom level,well above his station,plenty of stories flying about now 😳 

I'm hopeful we all will find out over the course of the season what is the true structure of the club.

He's been here for what, 8 years? At the start of that it was all Rankine pulling the strings talk, still not got the ghost of Rankine to f**k out of the club though, with a court case due.

Whatever it is Martindale does, he's been here long enough to see it has mostly been going pretty well at Livi.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Whatever it is Martindale does, he's been here long enough to see it has mostly been going pretty well at Livi.

Yeah until Ward got back in at the start of 2020…

Under him we’ve faced/ are facing

- 1.2million plus losses (the 400k was only a projection)

- 2 court of session cases (1 lost which we’ll have to pay 6 fig fees for btw ), one still ongoing for an eye-watering sum of money.

-ownership/involvement of another  individual of questionable character, who’s so far not parted with a penny from what I’ve heard.