Quick Question Thread

Why do you call c***s who support a shite Scottish team, but also a big English team?

What about those who support a shite Scottish team, but also a bigger, but still shite (non-OF) Scottish team ?

Just asking, for a friend.

Ach, f*** it:

I used to have the Pars as my main team when I stayed in west Fife, but used my roots in Brechin as an excuse to get away from the shite SPL grounds when I was old / rich* enough to go to games by myself.

This works fine until one eventually goes tits up and you end up with the two in the same division. What's worse is that if the Pars beat Cowden today (big present for Brechin please btw), they can win the league at East End next week... against Brechin who could do with every point just now.

Segregation's a bitch when you're on an away day with your 100% Pars brothers.

*double paper round and a teacher at your school / Brechin player who gets you complimentary tickets because he can't convince enough friends or family to take up the offer of free Third Division football.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Wouldn't be a suicide bombing if it didn't, by my reckoning. You're always going to have at least one fatality.

It brings up an interesting debate though. Do the media count the bomber as a victim?

Didn't really know where to ask this so just decided to ask here in the hope there are some SPSS experts on here;

I have 3 nominal independent variables (2 of them have 2 levels each, and the other one has 4 levels) and 1 scale DV (It's a sum total score).

I'm looking to see whether each IV has an effect on the DV, however I'm stuck on what test I use to do this. 

Do I run simple t-tests for the 2 IV's that have 2 levels, and a one-way anova for the IV that has 4 levels?

Or is there another statistical test that I'm just missing completely? 

I genuinely haven't the slightest idea what any of that post means. I've heard some of those words before, but never in that order!

He feels that by asking such a specific question (which can be easily googled) might bamboozle everyone and mask the fact that he hid whilst his Paw was getting a doing from a tinky Rangers fan.

He feels that by asking such a specific question (which can be easily googled) might bamboozle everyone and mask the fact that he hid whilst his Paw was getting a doing from a tinky Rangers fan.

It has been googled, but I've found conflicting ideas. 

I don't know if (like I said in the post) I should run 2 t-tests and a oneway ANOVA, or run a 3-way factorial ANOVA, or if there's another one. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

Ah SPSS, certainly the most tedious aspect of my Psychology degree (incidentally I have no idea how to answer your question). When I teach Psychology in my school I conveniently leave out all aspects of just how utterly boring SPSS was.

It has been googled, but I've found conflicting ideas. 

I don't know if (like I said in the post) I should run 2 t-tests and a oneway ANOVA, or run a 3-way factorial ANOVA, or if there's another one.

Did you get the tomato sauce out your jeans?

Has anybody here got that new Sky Protect Plus thing? Where you can cover your household items as well as your sky equipment for a bit extra.

I've got a bedroom TV covered on it and the Plasma on it has been cracked during one of my drunken stupors. Whats the best thing to tell them so that they'll either replace it/fix it for free? They say they cover accidental damage but I can't find any specifics.

Has anybody here got that new Sky Protect Plus thing? Where you can cover your household items as well as your sky equipment for a bit extra.

I've got a bedroom TV covered on it and the Plasma on it has been cracked during one of my drunken stupors. Whats the best thing to tell them so that they'll either replace it/fix it for free? They say they cover accidental damage but I can't find any specifics.

Just tell them you accidentally headbutted the TV when IDS announced he was resigning because the Government were robbing the disabled to fund middle class tax cuts. Easily done.

Didn't really know where to ask this so just decided to ask here in the hope there are some SPSS experts on here;

I have 3 nominal independent variables (2 of them have 2 levels each, and the other one has 4 levels) and 1 scale DV (It's a sum total score).

I'm looking to see whether each IV has an effect on the DV, however I'm stuck on what test I use to do this. 

Do I run simple t-tests for the 2 IV's that have 2 levels, and a one-way anova for the IV that has 4 levels?

Or is there another statistical test that I'm just missing completely? 

That will be an ecumenical question.

Grimbo