Quick Question Thread

Q1. I was just thinking that I haven't seen a pound note for ages. Are they still legal tender or are they now obsolete (other than taking them to the bank)?

they are still legal tender but i think that it's only royal bank of scotland notes that are still in circulation.

they are still legal tender but i think that it's only royal bank of scotland notes that are still in circulation.

Correctamundo. Although if you were to use any other ones they would still be OK.

I've got a couple of Bank of England ones and an old Bank of Scotland one somewhere as well. Got them in change years ago and kept hold of them.

Q1. I was just thinking that I haven't seen a pound note for ages. Are they still legal tender or are they now obsolete (other than taking them to the bank)?

Correctamundo. Although if you were to use any other ones they would still be OK.

I've got a couple of Bank of England ones and an old Bank of Scotland one somewhere as well. Got them in change years ago and kept hold of them.

I'm not sure that's 100% right (as no Scottish notes are "legal tender" anywhere, but "promissory notes"). My understanding is that £1 notes produced by the BOE, RBS etc are still accepted in Scotland, but are no longer accepted in England.

The reason they're so scarce is what few are left are being set aside by those lucky enough to fall into possession of them as collector's items.

Is there any way to sign off Jobseeker's before you leave for work? I really, really, really don't want to go and sign on again on wednesday and I don't really need the money, plus I'm about to get a job, anyway. I just can't be done with the whole nonsense of it considering I'm not really any nearer finding a job now than I was before I signed on.

My ringpiece was extremely itchy today while walking around Edinburgh, i couldnt access it either so i was in agony. What i want to know is do others get this? I hope i dont have some sort of anal worms or something. That wouldnt be pleasant.

piles maybe!!

I'm not sure that's 100% right (as no Scottish notes are "legal tender" anywhere, but "promissory notes"). My understanding is that £1 notes produced by the BOE, RBS etc are still accepted in Scotland, but are no longer accepted in England.

The reason they're so scarce is what few are left are being set aside by those lucky enough to fall into possession of them as collector's items.

My sister got one at the dancing this weekend. I'll mind and tell her not to spend it, though, and give them to me. Although upon inspection it's half-ripped. :(

TwisteH liked to take all the glory and pride of suggesting said event, but when it came down to the nitty gritty of actually organising it, he packed up his Rangers tops and headed south for the winter.

''f**k knows'', is the answer to the question.

On the BBC website, each news article has a similar URL, such as this one for Cadbury, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8492572.stm.

This leads me to believe that the 8492572 number, for example, is a reference to that article.

Is there a way to search the BBC website by this article number?

On the BBC website, each news article has a similar URL, such as this one for Cadbury, http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/8492572.stm.

This leads me to believe that the 8492572 number, for example, is a reference to that article.

Is there a way to search the BBC website by this article number?

Type it into the search function on the Beeb? Or perhaps into Google with along with 'bbc'? Not sure, just an idea.