Quick Question Thread

When someone puts (sic) after a sentence, what does it mean? :)

It means they've copied it verbatim from somewhere else, leaving in the spelling mistake.

Usually after the word. EG.

He decided that their (sic) was a better way to do things.

If a person was to buy a fence (around 40 feet of fencing in total) , what do you reckon would be an acceptable fee to pay someone to come and fit it in their garden?

The same person has had a quote, but I thought I'd throw this question in there to see if the price they've been quoted is too high or not.

Ta

Incase of an accident, you can see out for potential hazards, as well as providing light in if the cabin ones go out (I think).

And also so that the emergency services can see in. ;)

Is there any way to find out the size of shops and businesses in Dundee using the internet?

I know how to find out rateable values but I can't find anywhere that tells me the area of the shops I'm looking at.

This probably isnt the best place to post this as it may go un-noticed. Can someone post the rule that states you cant be offisde from a goal kick. Most of the muppets in my team didnt know this and started an argument.

No problem.

You can't be offside from a goal kick.

This probably isnt the best place to post this as it may go un-noticed. Can someone post the rule that states you cant be offisde from a goal kick. Most of the muppets in my team didnt know this and started an argument.

Try Google my friend

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
  • a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

What do you call the wee yellow/orange tripod things with viewing device on top that you see being used on construction sites and the like, and what are they for? What does the viewer see when he looks through it?

I need to go to Bannockburn Police Station.

When I put it into Google, it tells me it's in Tullibody.

Is this a mistake, or for some strange reason is the Police Station in Tullibody called Bannockburn?

Looks like Bannockburn polis station is, indeed, in Bannockburn.

http://www.safercentral.info/contact/police_stations.php

Guest The Phoenix

Looks like Bannockburn polis station is, indeed, in Bannockburn.

http://www.safercentral.info/contact/police_stations.php

You cannae miss it Dunc - it's on the main drag through Bannockburn (on the left past the mini roundabout if you are coming from Stirling).

Don't be mistaken into thinking Bannockburn is on the Glasgow Road where the King Robert Statue is - that's actually Whins of Milton.

Bannockburn is on the road to Falkirk as you come out of Stirling.

What do you call the wee yellow/orange tripod things with viewing device on top that you see being used on construction sites and the like, and what are they for? What does the viewer see when he looks through it?

Can't remember the name - but am fairly sure it is used to measure distances?