Quick Question Thread

Where would people recommend for a decent Italian feed in Glasgow? I've ended up responsible for sorting a dinner for 4 out, and yes I am from Glasgow, but I don't normally choose to eat Italian.

Money's not too much of an issue, would rather go somewhere a bit swankier and authentic than DiMaggios / Pizza express etc. but obviously not mad keen to pay £££ for average food.

Where would people recommend for a decent Italian feed in Glasgow? I've ended up responsible for sorting a dinner for 4 out, and yes I am from Glasgow, but I don't normally choose to eat Italian.

Money's not too much of an issue, would rather go somewhere a bit swankier and authentic than DiMaggios / Pizza express etc. but obviously not mad keen to pay £££ for average food.

Here

Mancini's - Great Western Rd

Used to go all the time when I lived in Glasgow, reasonaboy priced (about £40-50 for slap up meal for two with a bottle of wine).

Was looking for somewhere a bit more central, but suppose subway to Kelvinbridge isn't the end of the world. Cheers.

Any more, anyone?

The Seafood Linguini was the absolute nuts 18 months ago or so, if that tickles any fancies.

What's the best/cheapest way of getting to Braehaed Arena from Glasgow City Centre for a gig?

I'd imagine it'd be First Bus #747.. but the last bus back is at half 10 which I'm guessing i would miss...

I'm sure there's a main road near Braehead which will have a few regular bus services, I know the 9 goes nearby, but I couldn't tell you the name of the road or anything. You could scout around on Google Maps.

You will miss the 747 on the way back. There was a thread/few posts in the Music Forum about transportation on the way back. As far as I can remember, the majority of people got taxis back.

Edit; First Bus services are around £1.45/£1.75, or £3.75 for an all-day ticket (valid until 1am). The 747 excludes this though.

Edited by Smurph

What's the best/cheapest way of getting to Braehaed Arena from Glasgow City Centre for a gig?

I'd imagine it'd be First Bus #747.. but the last bus back is at half 10 which I'm guessing i would miss...

The last bus is at quarter to eleven. I'd book a taxi btw, might not be as bad for you but I was at Pendulum two weeks ago there and we phoned taxis constantly for ages and nothing came. Ended up sharing with two other guys and got charged 25 quid. Unless you're gonna leave the gig early, I'd book one. Might not be as bad for you as Glasgow Airport's open but nothing was coming.

Might be an idea to ask someone to pick you up, that's what I'll do if I'm really desperate to go to a gig there, which isn't happening anytime soon.