Quick Question Thread

I'm sure I was told by someone that the idea is, and always has been, that the contestants choose a few friends beforehand who are potential phone a friends and the show either send people to their houses or invite them to a studio somewhere or something.

I guess that would make sense, you never hear anyone confer so maybe they are in isolation. However if it is true people shouldn't be such morons and act really surprised when that cock Tarrant calls.

Been a couple of times in the last few years, first time stayed in Dubrovnik, next time on one of the islands about half an hour or so from the port, Lopud.

There's two parts to the city really, the old town that you always see in the tourist pictures, and the new town, where the majority of the hotels and the main port is, it's probably half a mile/a mile between the two, but there's regular buses going back and forth between the two.

It's nice enough but there's not a huge amount to do/see, the usual streetside cafes/restaurants to sit and watch the world go by, or you can go to one of the islands off the coast. You can also walk around the old town walls and spot the bullet holes that are left from the upheaval in the early nineties! Most of the beaches in the area are rock outlays or pebble beaches, one of the few sandy beaches in the area (Sunj) is on Lopud.

I stayed here : http://hotel-ivka.com/hotel-ivka-engleski.htm the first time I went (2008) and it was fine, clean and tidy and not too dear.

Is fire a solid, liquid or gas?

Seriously, it took me about three seconds to find the answer on Google. Why not just use that?

You are fast overtaking SuperAlly as everyone's least favourite poster, me thinks.

No no, the face, the face!

Dammit, I've missed a trick here. Hang on...

Right, lichtieforlife. If it's a solid, you'll be able to eat it. If it's a liquid, you'll be able to drink it. If it's a gas, you'll be able to smell it, but you'll need to stick your nose right in and give a good old sniff. Give them a shot and come back and let us know.

Seriously, it took me about three seconds to find the answer on Google. Why not just use that?

You are fast overtaking SuperAlly as everyone's least favourite poster, me thinks.

I did actually try googling it, but it said it was none of them. But in school we got told everything is one of them, even toothpaste.