Quick Question Thread

Really? Is religion a race?

They can be very similar. It's like if you tell a pakistani to go work in a corner shop, that would be racist, as you're insulting the actions of that person (and many others of that religion), which is perceived as racism. I'm not saying that insulting any actions of people is always racism, but in many cases, like the one examplified, it is. If you insult someone's religion, you are insulting the beliefs in which their religion controls = racism. IMO.

Is anyone able to identify the dominant instrument used on this? I'm not much on my musical instruments, it doesn't sound like a banjo, so what is it? Its been bugging me for ages!

Judging by the name of the person who posted it up (on youtube). Could it be a mandolin?

I've spent approx 2 seconds on this but could it have anything to do with 700ml being divisible by both 25 and 35 (standard pub measures). Next occurence would be 875ml.

It's divisible by 20 too.

It's also divisible by 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 10, but like your 20, whisky is sold in none of the above measures.

Whilst talking to my maw earlier and knowing I'm currently looking to buy a flat/house for the first time she mentioned something about sellers expecting 10-15% over the asking price. Now I've not seen or heard this from any expert I've talked to or anything I've read, is it safe to assume she is just a silly old biddy who doesn't know what she is on about, I mean let's be honest she would have been telt where she was moving when her and my old man bought their house and that was feckin years ago anyway.

So for simplicity sake...

Fixed Price £100,000 - how much should you offer/how much would you expect to get it for/how much will the seller be expecting.

Same question if it was Offers Over £100,000.

Obviously there are variables.

I'll look into it properly when I get a bit of time on my hands.

Whilst talking to my maw earlier and knowing I'm currently looking to buy a flat/house for the first time she mentioned something about sellers expecting 10-15% over the asking price. Now I've not seen or heard this from any expert I've talked to or anything I've read, is it safe to assume she is just a silly old biddy who doesn't know what she is on about, I mean let's be honest she would have been telt where she was moving when her and my old man bought their house and that was feckin years ago anyway.

So for simplicity sake...

Fixed Price £100,000 - how much should you offer/how much would you expect to get it for/how much will the seller be expecting.

Same question if it was Offers Over £100,000.

Obviously there are variables.

I'll look into it properly when I get a bit of time on my hands.

If its fixed price and you offer the price then it should be yours, you could chance your arm and offer under in the hope they might accpet it.

When I bought my flat 4 years ago I offered 20% over the offers over price, as this was the going rate at the time. Don't know if that has decreased any because of the housing market crashing lately.

I assume Jags fans would be most likely to help me out here.

Are there any decent pubs on Maryhill road between Firhill and St. Georges Cross?

There's 2 or 3 pubs between the two, but whether or not they're decent is another matter entirely.

The Halt on Woodlands Road is about 5 minutes from St George's Cross and is reasonable enough.

I assume Jags fans would be most likely to help me out here.

Are there any decent pubs on Maryhill road between Firhill and St. Georges Cross?

There are only 2 left on Maryhill Road in the stretch you mention, the Woodside Inn on the right as you walk into town and is alright and where I drink for home games, it's fine for that but not somewhere I'd really go for a quiet pint. On the other side of the road is the Royalty, less seats and not as good. Further down you'll see the Castle Vaults just off Maryhill Road, reeks of pish in there, best avoided.

Depending on what your after your probably better migrating towards Great Western Road and going to Coopers, Big Blue, The Landsdown, Bier Halle or Captains Rest (from Kelvinbridge - St Georges Cross).

There's 2 or 3 pubs between the two, but whether or not they're decent is another matter entirely.

The Halt on Woodlands Road is about 5 minutes from St George's Cross and is reasonable enough.

Will give it wee visit tomorrow, cheers.

There are only 2 left on Maryhill Road in the stretch you mention, the Woodside Inn on the right as you walk into town and is alright and where I drink for home games, it's fine for that but not somewhere I'd really go for a quiet pint. On the other side of the road is the Royalty, less seats and not as good. Further down you'll see the Castle Vaults just off Maryhill Road, reeks of pish in there, best avoided.

Depending on what your after your probably better migrating towards Great Western Road and going to Coopers, Big Blue, The Landsdown, Bier Halle or Captains Rest (from Kelvinbridge - St Georges Cross).

I live the on the opposite side of the road from the Castle Vaults, my brief visit there influenced my original post. It tends to be Captains Rest I drink in in my area, I don't earn nearly enough money to drink casually in the Landsdowne :lol:

The Woodside Inn sounds like what I am looking for, I will give it a visit tomorrow along the The Halt.

Is the Woodside Inn the one with the pool table with blues and either yellows or reds (can't remember which!)? Found that unusual when in there before a game last season.

I've spent approx 2 seconds on this but could it have anything to do with 700ml being divisible by both 25 and 35 (standard pub measures). next occurence would be 875ml.

Afraid not, Casey.

Standard pub measures are set by UK whilst the 70cl bottle size is standardised across EU.

At time of metrication of spirit pub measures, the imperial measures in general use were (some exceptions could be found in all areas.....)

1/6 gill (Aberdeenshire/England)

1/5 gill (most of rest of Scotland)

1/4 gill (some Glasgow pubs/Argyll)

The UK govt. wanted to standardise on 25ml (slightly bigger than 1/6 gill, but a bit smaller than 1/5 gill). The pubs that sold quarter-gills were not impressed, and campaigned to have 35ml added.

For a change, the UK govt. saw sense & allowed the bigger measure!

But this has absolutely nothing to do with bottle sizes.