Quick Question Thread

Is it socially acceptable to wear band t-shirts to nightclubs? I see woman doing this all the time with shite like Guns n Roses and the Beatles. The difference is that unlike those women, I actually like the bands I have t-shirts of. Is that acceptable?

Edited by dane-don

Is it socially acceptable to wear band t-shirts to nightclubs? I see woman doing this all the time with shite like Guns n Roses and the Beatles. The difference is that unlike those women, I actually like the bands I have t-shirts of. Is that acceptable?

Depends on what kind of nightclub really. A rock or Indie club I wouldn't see the issue but not to a more trendy nightclub. You also run the risk of people assuming you're clueless about music and get your band t shirts from Topman/Primark. I'd avoid anything with diamanties.

Depends on what kind of nightclub really. A rock or Indie club I wouldn't see the issue but not to a more trendy nightclub. You also run the risk of people assuming you're clueless about music and get your band t shirts from Topman/Primark. I'd avoid anything with diamanties.

My mate has (had - I hope he chucked it out) a Rolling Stones t-shirt with the tongue thing with those we shitty crystals stuck to it. Got a ribbing every time he wore it. He likes The Rolling Stones a bit, but what a shitty t-shirt. I think he only got it because it was from Topman.

I don't see a problem with wearing them if, as Bert said, to a rock or indie club. It can also be used as a topic of discussion.

I wore a Gorillaz t-shirt in a nightclub once(Feel Good Inc.cover on light grey t-shirt). Don't think they aren't popular or "cult" enough to stocked for the hipsters in clothing outlets.

I remember back in high school I used to see loads of Children of Bodom, Napalm Death and suchlike t-shirts on casual clothes days. That was quite weird.

If its Noel Gallagher youre talking about, I've had no takers for my tickets so would be happy just to give them to a fellow P&Ber. I've only myself to blame for buying too many by accident.

Have pm'd you :D

My Runrig t-shirt from Heb Fest a couple of years ago is usually a hit with the ladies... I think.

I wear band t-shirts pretty much everywhere. If it's a "planned" night out I'll stick a shirt on, but if it's a night that ends up in a club I'll almost certainly be wearing a band t-shirt.

Then again, I'm not usually one of the cool guys...

I just hope for your sake one of the bands in question isn't The Ramones.

If there is a concert on at Edinburgh Castle can you hear it in Prince's street gardens?

You almost certainly would.

Every time anyone big plays at Murrayfield I hear it through my window two miles away. Not long ago I could hear The Kings of Leon perform Sex on Fire whilst Beyonce covered the same song on the telly from Glastonbury, it was probably the worst moment of my life.

I just hope for your sake one of the bands in question isn't The Ramones.

No, they are not.

Although some guy wearing a Ramones t-shirt, who I'd never met before in my life, bought me 2 jagerbombs a few months because I was standing next to him in the queue and he was just about to head home, as he couldn't find his mates. Or something like that. That was pretty cool.

I wear band t-shirts pretty much everywhere. If it's a "planned" night out I'll stick a shirt on, but if it's a night that ends up in a club I'll almost certainly be wearing a band t-shirt.

Then again, I'm not usually one of the cool guys...

Pretty much this.

I've also ended up in clubs tonnes of times after a gig and I'll always be wearing a band t-shirt at a gig.

It also depends on the club. The Cathouse in Glasgow is a metal/rock club so I've worn band t-shirts to that loads of times.

It's not bands like The Beatles, Guns n Roses or Ramones that you get in clothes stores like Top Shop or the like(I imagine that's where these ones are), it's bands like Iron Maiden and Pantera laugh.gif

Has anyone ever used any professional cleaning cleaning services for flats/ offices etc? My old landlord is trying to deduct £200 from my deposit as a charge for cleaning, which seems bloody extortionate. There's nothing worse than a b*****d landlord fryer ting to scam you out of your deposit back. Thank f**k for this new legislation.