Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever had an ocular migraine? After being awake for over 36 hours, I had one at around 4 or 5 am this morning.

It was bizarre, I had a sort of white wavy electrical line through the centre of my vision and my eyes wouldn't focus at all for around 5-10 minutes. It wasn't painful or anything, just a little worrying. I will be suffering painful migraines for the next 72 hours apparently. I've already had 2 agonising migraines this morning so I've obviously booked an appointment to the doctors.

Does anyone on hear suffer from them, and how often do get them? I've tried looking online but information is very limited or they are on websites that don't seem reliable. So any advice or information would be appreciated.

Given that people with migraines are generally advised to lie in a dark room due to the light sensitivity, I don't think staring at a computer screen is going to help your cause tbh.

Guest The Phoenix

I used to get a lot of headaches but I've only ever had one "proper" migraine.

For several hours I lay in bed in total darkness and genuinely prayed for death.

It sure put my headaches into perspective.

I've sat in a darkened room for most of the day, I've had 5 or 6 extremely powerful migraines in total. I was really just asking if anyone had experience or information so I could read up on it once they've stopped or the doctor gives me something to stop them. I woudn't even attempted to read about them today once they started.

My mum has given me Dihydrocodine and Co-Codamel 3 times today, plus I'm prescribed Amitriptyline for my anxiety, depression and sleep issues. After the ocular migraine this morning and reading that I could have migraines for up to 72 hours after one, I read about drugs to treat migraines, Amitriptyline can help with them apparently so I was quite happy to read that.

My mum thinks I've had a brain aneurysm like she had a few years ago, although I really don't think it's that serious. It might not even have been an ocular migraine, although all the symptoms that I read about this morning are happening now. I'll just need to wait to see what the doctor thinks tomorrow morning.

Guest The Phoenix

Dummies guide of how to do this on Windows 8 using IE.

- Open your internet browser

- Click view ( were is this button)

- Select toolbars

- click on user name at top left of screen

- click on "Manage Ignore Prefs"

- click on box with "Member's Name"

- enter BarryHills

- tick "Posts" and "Messages"

- click "Save Changes"

I'm travelling round Europe for a month at the start of the summer and have no idea what countries I'll end up in and what currencies I'll need, so what is the best/ cheapest/ most efficient way of accessing my money whilst I'm out there?

I'd assume there must be better ways than just using my bank card at cashlines and incurring massive fees every time.

I'm travelling round Europe for a month at the start of the summer and have no idea what countries I'll end up in and what currencies I'll need, so what is the best/ cheapest/ most efficient way of accessing my money whilst I'm out there?

I'd assume there must be better ways than just using my bank card at cashlines and incurring massive fees every time.

If you're going to be in countries that use the Euro then get a Caxton card.

For other places I've no idea, sorry.

The fees are surprisingly low in some countries when using an ATM.

I was in Turkey a few years back and the ATM charge was similar to what it would've cost at a bureau de change. I'd check with your bank to see what the fees for each country are.

Avoid Cyprus.

Has anyone ever had an ocular migraine? After being awake for over 36 hours, I had one at around 4 or 5 am this morning.

It was bizarre, I had a sort of white wavy electrical line through the centre of my vision and my eyes wouldn't focus at all for around 5-10 minutes. It wasn't painful or anything, just a little worrying. I will be suffering painful migraines for the next 72 hours apparently. I've already had 2 agonising migraines this morning so I've obviously booked an appointment to the doctors.

Does anyone on hear suffer from them, and how often do get them? I've tried looking online but information is very limited or they are on websites that don't seem reliable. So any advice or information would be appreciated.

Sounds exactly the same thing thats gave me migraines for the past 3 days. A bit worrying walking around work hardly being able to see. I go weeks/months without them then get an onslaught of them for about 7-10 days. Fucking awful n all th doctor done was give me shitty tablets that dont work! Horrible horrible things are migraines!

I had that occasionally a few years ago, usually after working under fluorescent lights and staring into an old style vdu for 8 hours. Lying down in a dark room for an hour or so stopped the migranes kicking in

Does anyone know of any shops or supermarkets that sell cachaca at all (a Brazilian liquor)

Tried Oddbins, nae luck.

You'll have to go more up market than that, you need a good independent booze shop, you can get decent bottles in Peckhams in Glasgow. Various online places sell it as well and the cheaper online bottles are still less even delivered than the ones in Peckhams.

You'll have to go more up market than that, you need a good independent booze shop, you can get decent bottles in Peckhams in Glasgow. Various online places sell it as well and the cheaper online bottles are still less even delivered than the ones in Peckhams.

I'll try the Peckhams in Aberdeen, cheers.

Always entertains me how they want to be as a 'fancy' shop but have a name which just makes me think of Only Fools and Horses. Maybe they've just whooshed me.

Does anyone know of any shops or supermarkets that sell cachaca at all (a Brazilian liquor)

Tried Oddbins, nae luck.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-368.aspx I bought Absinthe and a few types of malts of here, never had a problem buying off this website. I was thinking of trying sake next. What does cachaca taste like? I've never heard of it.