Quick Question Thread

I recommend you register for online banking - you can check your bank account 24/7 as well as transfer money and make payments.

Better than sliced bread.

I have that Mr. P, but the TSB want you to remember so many passwords and security questions it's not worth its while. I get a text from them every friday telling me of my last ten transactions anyway.

Guest The Phoenix

I have that Mr. P, but the TSB want you to remember so many passwords and security questions it's not worth its while. I get a text from them every friday telling me of my last ten transactions anyway.

Bit of a bugger that.

Don't tell anyone but I use the same numbers and password for all my online thingies.

See how everyone keeps saying the country is in debt and we owe all this billions of pounds, well who do we actually owe it to?

Other countries and companies (one way of Governments raising money is to sell Government Bonds to businesses) mostly.

See when a footballer needs to leave the field of play after receiving treatment for an injury. Does this also apply to goalkeepers. ?

They usually stop the game and give him treatment on field but I guess after a certain time period the ref would tell the physio to either sub him or treat him further off the field. If it's the latter then a defender would take the gloves temporarily, I guess.

See when a footballer needs to leave the field of play after receiving treatment for an injury. Does this also apply to goalkeepers. ?

I actually think they are allowed to swap goalkeepers until the goalkeeper is able to continue playing. I think this happened a few seasons ago with Arsenal. I could just be making that up though, but I am almost certain it happened. Lehmann was starting and then went off for treatment, Almunia came on and then went back off after Lehmann was alright. I think that happened.

:1eye

I actually think they are allowed to swap goalkeepers until the goalkeeper is able to continue playing. I think this happened a few seasons ago with Arsenal. I could just be making that up though, but I am almost certain it happened. Lehmann was starting and then went off for treatment, Almunia came on and then went back off after Lehmann was alright. I think that happened.

:1eye :1eye

You may be right but I would be utterly shocked if that was the case. A keeper could give away a penalty and in doing so feign injury to bring on the sub who could be somewhat of a penalty expert then re enter the field of play after the penalty. Wouldn't make sense.

That certainly didn't happen. Utterly not allowed under the rules.

If the referee insisted that a keeper left the field for treatment and the team were of a mind not to sub him then an outfield player could take the gloves for the duration and give them back when the keeper could come back on (which would need to wait for a stoppage in play, they couldn't just have him waved on). I've never seen it happen though (which isn't to say it hasn't, I'm sure it has) and presumably it only would late in a game if you were out of subs or in the days before teams had sub keepers on the bench. In practice keepers are given far more latitude than outfield players to be treated on the pitch and if one actually had to leave for stitches it's extremly unlikely in these days of everyone having a keeper on the bench that a manager would risk not making the substitution.

No. Play doesn't resume until either the goalkeeper is okayed to continue or he is subbed for another goalkeeper.

No. Play doesn't resume until either the goalkeeper is okayed to continue or he is subbed for another goalkeeper.

That's what fucking happened! Lehmann was still behind the goal though being treated whilst Almunia was in goals (and stayed in, but Lehmann was behind the goal for a few minutes). I remember now.

Edited by yoda

That's what fucking happened! Lehmann was still behind the goal though being treated whilst Almunia was in goals. I remember now.

It really didn't. Unless it was a friendly or something with a tenuous use of the rules.

If Almunia came on for Lehmann then he was subbed on and stayed there. Perhaps Lehmann was was still being treated behind the goal when it re-started but he couldn't have then come back on.

It really didn't. Unless it was a friendly or something with a tenuous use of the rules.

If Almunia came on for Lehmann then he was subbed on and stayed there. Perhaps Lehmann was was still being treated behind the goal when it re-started but he couldn't have then come back on.

Aye that's what I meant in my post which you quoted. It probably could be clearer.