Quick Question Thread

IIRC, the question was "does the computer get heavier" I consider the (slightly heavier) keyboard to be part of the computer :P

But it's not the starting of a new word document that makes the computer get heavier. Indeed closing or deleting a word document would exhibit the same effect of mass increase on either or both of the keyboard and mouse. It's simply the using the computer. It's also hugely questionable whether the human matter actually counts as "computer". If I cut my hand off and place it on my desk, I don't say the desk has got heavier.

In more pressing matters, where is the source of the Garscadden burn and can its drainage boundary be mapped?

We haven't bothered to check. There was a guy on Twitter who sent me a link, and there's an underground tunnel at the Transport Museum that used to be a rail link and it should lead to the Botanic Gardens. We're going to check that out on Monday.

We haven't bothered to check. There was a guy on Twitter who sent me a link, and there's an underground tunnel at the Transport Museum that used to be a rail link and it should lead to the Botanic Gardens. We're going to check that out on Monday.

There's too many man mad aspects of this burn. I'm really losing interest.

I'm not sure the source or 'mouth' of the Stenny burn. I'm going to have a look at that just now.

There's too many man mad aspects of this burn. I'm really losing interest.

I'm not sure the source or 'mouth' of the Stenny burn. I'm going to have a look at that just now.

We'll probably go over to the bit where it goes into the Clyde at some point, but that's it. We're sure it's just the drainage water.

Ad Lib - I thought that it was pretty obvious from my first post that I was being facetious.

However, I am actually correct. High precision weights (class F1 and above) are never actually directly handled due to deposits left on them by human hands. The same would apply to your keyboard and mouse.

There's a classic Family Fortunes clip where the host asks 'name a Parisian landmark' and the woman buzzes in an answers Hawaii.

Brilliant pub. Barmaids all wear grass skirts. Just off Rue Laffitte, I think.

Ad Lib - I thought that it was pretty obvious from my first post that I was being facetious.

However, I am actually correct. High precision weights (class F1 and above) are never actually directly handled due to deposits left on them by human hands. The same would apply to your keyboard and mouse.

I *know*, as was I.

However, I could trump your grand pedantry by saying that if the keys were depressed using a controlled high pressure release of an inert gas, no human or other deposit should remain. If anything, existing deposits would be blown *off* the keyboard, causing the computer system to lose mass ;)

Edited by Ad Lib

I *know*, as was I.

However, I could trump your grand pedantry by saying that if the keys were depressed using a controlled high pressure release of an inert gas, no human or other deposit should remain. If anything, existing deposits would be blown *off* the keyboard, causing the computer system to lose mass ;)

Or, in a far simpler and more elegant solution, you could just wear chamois gloves, like they do in precision metrology labs.

I will consider buying a set of inert gas blowers if the chamois ever becomes extinct, however. Thanks for reinventing precision measurement.

Or, in a far simpler and more elegant solution, you could just wear chamois gloves, like they do in precision metrology labs.

I will consider buying a set of inert gas blowers if the chamois ever becomes extinct, however. Thanks for reinventing precision measurement.

Surely even microscopic traces of chamois leather could lodge itself on a keyboard?

There's a big ASDA just next to it. I'm not sure how funny they are with folk parking there for gigs - I can't imagine they'd be too happy about it.

The Corn Exchange is a brilliant venue, one of my favourites for live music.

There's a big ASDA just next to it. I'm not sure how funny they are with folk parking there for gigs - I can't imagine they'd be too happy about it.

The Corn Exchange is a brilliant venue, one of my favourites for live music.

Cheers mate,I was told there was an ASDA close by but wasnt sure how they would be with the parking thing,have to have a look for maximum stay signs on the way into it.

Heard Corn Exchange discribed as a longer narrower Barrowlands,If it has half the atmosphere of the Barras that will do me nicely.

Aye there's a world of football (indoor 5's) right beside it, it's never full on a week day night, plenty of parking space and they don't give a shut how long you are there for.

Guest The Phoenix

Hello

I want to fundraise for an organisation that isn't on the just giving website. Is there anyway I can accept donations online at all? Is setting up a paypal account an option?

Yes and yes.