The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wouldn't even have Laidlaw as back-up. He's not dependable and you'd be really worried if anything happened to your first choice because you know he's susceptible to letting in really easy shots or being at fault entirely.

Our new away kit is absolutely atrocious. I get it has a retro feel to it and it'd maybe look better without that awful navy stripe down the shoulders but it is awful. The less said about the socks and shorts the better. Still nowhere near our worst kit in living memory though!

I would very much enjoy it if Laidlaw signed for Hibs.

Toshney leaving would be a bit gutting considering how good a player he is for us, but if there's anywhere we are covered it's centre half with Barr and Bene doing very well there, if it was to allow us to bring someone like Hardie back into the fold I could almost accept it.

In FFP that McKinnon is keen to take Toshney to Tannadice but no offer has been made yet. Locke would consider an offer if one was to come in. He's not been training due to illness.

If we were to sell Toshney to Utd then that's it i'm probably done for this season already. Our board seem to have absolutely no backbone to them. How can you even consider selling your player of the season to one of your rivals, the same rival who we've just allowed our manager to jump ship to.

I'm happy for Toshney to go, he was being shoe horned into the team last year cos McKinnon couldn't drop him and Barr / Bene were doing well at centre half

If we got 25k for him that would free up a wage to bring in Marc Connoly and budget for another player

If we were to sell Toshney to Utd then that's it i'm probably done for this season already. Our board seem to have absolutely no backbone to them. How can you even consider selling your player of the season to one of your rivals, the same rival who we've just allowed our manager to jump ship to.

£££ which might allow us to bring in a decent striker maybe? 

I'm happy for Toshney to go, he was being shoe horned into the team last year cos McKinnon couldn't drop him and Barr / Bene were doing well at centre half

If we got 25k for him that would free up a wage to bring in Marc Connoly and budget for another player

I don't think he was shoe horned as such, he's better and calmer on the ball than Davidson and looked a really good fit as a holding midfielder. If he does go, then I wouldn't necessarily bring in another centre half anyway, as we have Barr, Benedictus, Bates and Davidson for that.

I don't think he was shoe horned as such, he's better and calmer on the ball than Davidson and looked a really good fit as a holding midfielder. If he does go, then I wouldn't necessarily bring in another centre half anyway, as we have Barr, Benedictus, Bates and Davidson for that.

Sorry, you included Davidson as a centre half, unless he has learned to win a header he should stay well away.

Agree Toshney was better in midfield than Davo but felt we played them both when only one was needed.

Will be be due a wee fee for Aiden Connoly?

Losing your best player is never good news, absolutely regardless of who else you have in the squad.

The board shouldn't even be thinking about selling him to Dundee United.

Agreed. We should be in no rush and certainly under no pressure to sell, unless Locke has some seriously good striker in mind he needs budget for.

Losing your best player is never good news, absolutely regardless of who else you have in the squad.

The board shouldn't even be thinking about selling him to Dundee United.

Exactly my point. Dundee Utd are a direct rival to us next season, no matter what you think, and to sell your best player to them will show exactly what our board are thinking. 

How could the board moan that fans aren't turning up when we allow our manager to go and then 6 weeks later our best player both a division rival?

Toshney will develop into a good top flight player. £25k for him would be an insult and you'd lose more than that in falling down the league. You'd be much better just holding him for the season unless something £100k+ comes in.

I don't think a lot of people on here really understand how football works.

The board aren't going to stand in anyone's way if any of the players or staff say they want to move on. What's the point in having people within the club that don't actually want to be there?