The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

perhaps an another offer to him may be on the table!!!

I'd be very!!! surprised!!! if Davo!!! turned us down!!! to sign for!!! East!!! Fife!!!......!!!!

I'd be very!!! surprised!!! if Davo!!! turned us down!!! to sign for!!! East!!! Fife!!!......!!!!

Ah, my mistake, I misread that, I thought he had been released. If he is being offered FT terms again, he should snap it up, it would probably be his last!!!
(3 is the magic number btw mate!!!)[emoji6]

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I'm obviously biased but Andy Mill is perfect for the role. 

Already well known to hundreds of Rovers supporters who know how approachable he is. Has overseen the 200 club resurgence, turning it into a fantastic resource for the football club and is already hands on at the club on a voluntary basis outwith his 200 club duties. 

It's great that we have four fantastic candidates but having seen the way Andy goes about things first hand, he's the supporter I'd like to be successful this time. 

Couldn't agree more.

I also think it's important to have someone who is Kirkcaldy (district) based (Paul Gilfilla comes into that category as well) as I think one of main reasons for the perceived 'disconnect' between the board and the fans is that few if any are actually based in the area. When people like Mario were on the board, they were meeting fans in the street, dealing with them at work, had Rovers fans as neighbours, drinking in the same pubs etc and therefore were probably better placed to gauge the mood and concerns of the fans. Whereas most of the current /recent directors seem to be Edinburgh based and probably engage more with Hearts and Hibs fans who are no doubt telling them what a lovely wee club Raith Rovers are, how well Gary Locke did with the young boys at Hearts (not good enough for Hearts, but he'll be great for the Rovers) and what a wand of a left foot Rudi has and we'll come across to watch him when Hearts are away etc. 

That’s why despite Bill Gilby and David Proudfoot having creditable credentials, I voted 1 and 2 for the two local candidates. 

Paul McManus did. 

Which one of the 8 times he's signed for us was that???

We'll probably get him again this season!!!

Oh and Mark Docherty did as well, last season FYI!!![emoji6]

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Paul McManus did. 

They tried to get Davidson back then as well, oddly enough. Had to pay a fee as the board managed not to cock up, and therefore didn't. 

Went downhill from there for Willie Gray, really. 

I thinks big rebuild has been needed and it looks like we're getting it.

The keepers needed to go Smith quite plainly wasn't very good and Lennox was always injured.

Bene Davo and Robertson should stay we need guys to stand up and be counted and I think all 3 will do that.

Hopefully we'e got rid of the shiting the bed element.

Bit off topic but would like to get mark Stewart back I think he would be well suited to us next season and we know he can 0lay with Vaughan 

Is Davidson not approaching testimonial status?

Happy with the list released this morning. There were a couple of borderline cases, such as Furtado and Thomson, who you could argue either way about. Then there was the likes of Herron and McHattie whose fitness held them back. 

This is without question Smith's team now so he better get his recruitment spot on this summer.

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The keepers needed to go Smith quite plainly wasn't very good and Lennox was always injured.

Bene Davo and Robertson should stay we need guys to stand up and be counted and I think all 3 will do that.

Bit off topic but would like to get mark Stewart back I think he would be well suited to us next season and we know he can 0lay with Vaughan 

Forwards that moisturise, that's a new one.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is Davidson not approaching testimonial status?

He signed a two year deal at the end of the McKinnon season and from what was reported held out for two having been offered one year for that very reason. I was therefore under the impression that it was now 10 seasons now, rather than after any extension. 

Haven't heard anything about that since. Presumably got lost somehwere alongside McGurn's...

19 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Are you having a laugh? We got shot of him as he didn't score enough, and has just been relegated for a 2nd time in 2 seasons, and hardly scored a goal!

18 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Are you having a laugh? We got shot of him as he didn't score enough, and has just been relegated for a 2nd time in 2 seasons, and hardly scored a goal!

And he's injury prone.

To be fair the 200 Club is only closed membership because of severe lack of space in the club.  In that regard it’s a victim of its own success. I’m not a 200 Club member but if you see what they created out of nothing despite the space restrictions then it’s an example to everyone.  Compare that to the utter shambles that is the club shop.  A lot of that is down to Andy Mill I suspect. He’s one of the most approachable guys around Starks. 
It’s good we’ve got 4 people going for this. Hustings should generate a good bit of debate 

Got to agree with you regarding Andy Mill, I’m a 200 club member and have always found him to be a really approachable guy who does a lot of work and has certainly done a brilliantly job with the 200 club. I’m happy to give him my vote.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Ray McKinnon telling the world about Mark Stewart's gammy leg was an absolute classic. 

That the one about him having one leg bigger than the other?

Haven't heard anything about that since. Presumably got lost somehwere alongside McGurn's...

Is that even a thing anymore? I remember there being a team in place for it. Did the club ever mention anything beyond the original statement?

Unfortunately I think we see just how much Ally Gourlay is missed with things like that. 

Anyway, happy with that list. Not a single player there did enough to stay so happy to see Smith wield the axe.

Edited by CALDERON