The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

We didn't have a two week break before the playoffs, we played our last league game on the Friday night and the first leg was the following Saturday.

Agree that bottle didn't have anything to do with it though, it was just your defence being a total disaster in the second leg and us scoring some screamers. Somewhat down to Murray for picking Crighton at right back.

My mistake, we had a lot of injuries and basically played half a team 2nd leg. Paul McKay and Dale Carrick both had head knocks first leg so weren't aloud to play 2nd leg, think there was another couple of guys who had barely featured we had to start. Yous were much better and fitter than us at the time.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think we've really had any kind of rumour for this one, have we? There was significant chatter pre-Mullin and Smith, and a bit of putting two and two together for Dabrowski, but this one seems like a proper mystery.ย 

Exciting!ย 

Hopefully itโ€™s a CH but knowing Murray itโ€™ll be MFย 

2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

On paper we should've went up yes but the boy said bottled promotion every season he was with us, first season we were 3rd 5 points behind Raith and the season got called.

2nd season we went on a great run last 6 games, finished 2nd 2 points behind Partick, got beat in a playoff final off a Morton team who had a 2 week break before the playoffs, when we played about 12 games in 6 weeks.

Element to that as well, team loses a big game and all of a sudden it's the managers fault. Wasn't the manager that tripped up Simon Murray in the box with 5 mins to go.

No we never! Our season finished on Friday the 30th of April and our first semi final playoff game was the following Saturday against Montrose.

You got pumped off a pish Morton team in the final because you were even more pish than us!

2 minutes ago, madton said:

No we never! Our season finished on Friday the 30th of April and our first semi final playoff game was the following Saturday against Montrose.

You got pumped off a pish Morton team in the final because you were even more pish than us!

Yeah if you read up i've already been corrected and admitted my error.