The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Watching Murray's pre-match interview and when Mickey makes an appearance in the background the badge on his hoodie looks like it's blue rather than red. Wonder if it'll look like that on the new strips.

Do you mean the Montrose post match? 

IMG_5585.jpeg.b45fd50679ede37de864771a8c80c99f.jpeg

looks red to me? 

22 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Twitter is going to be an interesting place to be over the next day or so… 

IMG_7456.jpeg

I thought this was a piss take account but according to a lot of people it is the real him, whatever he does say no one is gonna believe at this point I would imagine but we all know he’s gonna spin it and make himself to be the victim as he has done in the past just have to wait and see what he says 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I thought this was a piss take account but according to a lot of people it is the real him, whatever he does say no one is gonna believe at this point I would imagine but we all know he’s gonna spin it and make himself to be the victim as he has done in the past just have to wait and see what he says 

You have to feel a wee bit sorry for his wife/family. The wife chose him, but not this stupidity, the kids have no choice. He’s not willing to admit he made at least a mistake, and that’s the most generous interpretation of the matter, and bangs on with denial and victim blaming.

At one time I wouldn’t have understood just how f**ked up he is, but due to experiences with victim blaming and people always making themselves the victim, he’s a real possibility of suffering narcissistic personality disorder. It seems clear he will never change his stripes.

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He’s not willing to admit he made at least a mistake, and that’s the most generous interpretation of the matter, and bangs on with denial and victim blaming.

It is quite odd how he's made out to be the victim in all of this by his friends and some in the footballing community who have maybe worked with him. They're verging into Pepe Silvia territory of talking about how its some giant conspiracy but the reality is that he's free to sign for any club he wants, but that the club will then realise that there's far wider implications given the backlash which comes with it. Not one person is doing this because they have a personal vandetta against Goodwillie himself. They're doing it because the court notes are easily accessible. No amount of "he's got his own side of the story to tell" changes that.

Ideally it would go to private prosecution so that both parties could get the matter sorted. Given the clear injustice his friends seem to feel he's received, they'd be absolutely delighted.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Great season ticket sales so far. Great signings so far. 
Some lovely one touch play from our midfielders in the opening two friendlies. 
Great buzz about the club plus countless other positive things happening.

For me Goodwillie situation was discussed to death at the time (18 months ago) and need not be restarted. 

Who gives a flying fcuk what’s happening with him. Hopefully a signing will come through to get everyone off that pointless subject.

15 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Great season ticket sales so far. Great signings so far. 
Some lovely one touch play from our midfielders in the opening two friendlies. 
Great buzz about the club plus countless other positive things happening.

For me Goodwillie situation was discussed to death at the time (18 months ago) and need not be restarted. 

Who gives a flying fcuk what’s happening with him. Hopefully a signing will come through to get everyone off that pointless subject.

Whenever the topic comes up, people on here will talk about it regardless wherever you find it a pointless subject. I'm sure everyone would rather be talking about something else but that's where we're at in terms of Rovers news for now. 

10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Whenever the topic comes up, people on here will talk about it regardless wherever you find it a pointless subject. I'm sure everyone would rather be talking about something else but that's where we're at in terms of Rovers news for now. 

Maybe the kit launch (tomorrow, we believe?) will move us forward.

Just now, TxRover said:

Maybe the kit launch (tomorrow, we believe?) will move us forward.

Ideally. I did speak to someone recently who claimed to have been asked to get involved with the kit launch. I've no idea if they're involved, but based on the information I've heard and joining the dots, it could be a very interesting and popular choice.

OK, looking over the new Commercial brochure:

The Titan is now the “Captain’s Lounge”…

We’re selling “tramp stamp” rights…lower back on both home and away tops…

Naming right up for purchase (South remains Penman) are Stadium, North Stand, Railway Stand, Dugout and Tunnel…

Its more focused than the first brochure we released that included fan sponsor opportunities, targeting just businesses…

We’re now advertising “TV” and “non-TV” perimeter boards, and promising expected average attendance of 2,500…

Seeking a RaithTV Official Partner and a RaithTV Ad Break sponsor…

Also seeking an Official Website Partner…

Started up a £500 Business Club to get businesses on board for a (relatively) small fee in exchange for some visibility and benefits.

Seems a comprehensive push to enhance revenue.

Edited by TxRover

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ideally. I did speak to someone recently who claimed to have been asked to get involved with the kit launch. I've no idea if they're involved, but based on the information I've heard and joining the dots, it could be a very interesting and popular choice.

I hope so, because the training kit so far isn't doing it for me. The red scribbles on the royal blue top and worse, the royal blue zip up with a white and a navy chest patch are boggin. 

Mind you, I'm a man of some style and taste, and too old to be wearing fitba strips, so I just hope it has a wee nod to history with a contemporary twist. Really liked the last one. Expecting it to be quite different.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I hope so, because the training kit so far isn't doing it for me. The red scribbles on the royal blue top and worse, the royal blue zip up with a white and a navy chest patch are boggin. 

Mind you, I'm a man of some style and taste, and too old to be wearing fitba strips, so I just hope it has a wee nod to history with a contemporary twist. Really liked the last one. Expecting it to be quite different.

I'm wondering if the fact there's a half and half design on the hoodie if we're maybe getting a half and half home top.

15 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm wondering if the fact there's a half and half design on the hoodie if we're maybe getting a half and half home top.

Hate is too strong but I have a real dislike for half and half tops, I thought the last one especially was minging. The home top last season was class. 

18 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Hate is too strong but I have a real dislike for half and half tops, I thought the last one especially was minging. The home top last season was class. 

The 2008/09 top was a decent design, the one two years back was too busy with the red badge detail on it.

Not that I disliked that aspect of it, but it was an either or: half and half or have the badge in there. Was too busy otherwise. Quite like the Joma shade of blue they use for us as opposed to the darker Puma Navy blue.

22 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

No they won't. 🤨

Oh dear, someone said something to upset you wee man?

By the way I've finally cracked the Tazz1903 moniker. Your mum told me it's her pet name for you and the time she says your supposed to be in bed for. 

Ps hugs and kisses to yer maw, lovely lady, most accommodating.