The New Raith Rovers Thread

Looks like the Fixtures computer has had its usual mare for us (shafted again).

Every team gets a request for a home or away game on a certain date, Police Scotland tell Rovers to request an away game in April when the Links market is here. This blows our chances of a new year derby at home virtually every year.

At least the Yuletide fixtures are both at home. No jaunts to Ayr or Greenock on boxing day.

I think the polis love putting a spanner in the works, if it's not costing the club financially with fixture dates it's cancelling new years games on the strength of a weather forecast because they don't have the manpower.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I could say something about at least our floodlights will be working but I won't...

Pitch will likely be fine, I think the undersoil heating has been fixed and I'd imagine we'd have it on for a big gate. 

Doesn't the Pars undersoil heating work dependant on how many key players they have injured?

The groundsman so worried about the injured players that he "forgets" to turn it on. 

42 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Every team gets a request for a home or away game on a certain date, Police Scotland tell Rovers to request an away game in April when the Links market is here. This blows our chances of a new year derby at home virtually every year.

Well that's just utter pish. 

The last six times we've shared a league Raith have had the home New Year derby on three occasions, Dunfermline have had it three occasions, with it alternating every time. 

The last time we shared a league, Raith had the home fixture over new year, which means we get it this season. If we're in the same division next season then Raith will get it. 

23 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Doesn't the Pars undersoil heating work dependant on how many key players they have injured?

The groundsman so worried about the injured players that he "forgets" to turn it on. 

Whit

There's some amount of conspiracy theorists in the Raith support. Wild. 

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

At least the Yuletide fixtures are both at home. No jaunts to Ayr or Greenock on boxing day.

I think the polis love putting a spanner in the works, if it's not costing the club financially with fixture dates it's cancelling new years games on the strength of a weather forecast because they don't have the manpower.

I’m not buying that, unless you have actual evidence of that occurring. The polis would make that request with the League directly, along with every other “conflict” they’d like mitigated.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’m not buying that, unless you have actual evidence of that occurring. The polis would make that request with the League directly, along with every other “conflict” they’d like mitigated.

We've played the Pars at home for the new year derby in the 21/22, 16/17, 10/11 while the Pars had 09/10, 12/13, 20/21 and 23/24. 

I'd fully expect there is a gentleman's agreement to alternate the fixture each season. The new year game is far more likely to get moved given the weather. 

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

What you buy is up to you chief, that's the way it's been for a long time.

I've sat in AGMs and been told exactly that.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Well that's just utter pish. 

The last six times we've shared a league Raith have had the home New Year derby on three occasions, Dunfermline have had it three occasions, with it alternating every time. 

The last time we shared a league, Raith had the home fixture over new year, which means we get it this season. If we're in the same division next season then Raith will get it. 

Whit

There's some amount of absolute wallopers in the Raith support. Wild. 

FTFY

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Interested to see how this ends up now. Love the tartan, wore it many times when I’ve hired a kilt. But if it’s part of the strip, in that picture it doesn’t really match with the colours shown on other parts of the top. Will reserve judgement but already wishing they had made the whole strip tartan!

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Never knew we had a tartan, thought anything used was a generic blue pattern. 

One of the better club tartans, always meant to buy a scarf. Wonder if they are still available. 

Didn't like the original tartan one but then I seem to be the one person that hated the Barca one. 

Can't see how tartan fits with the navy blue image, intrigued.  

6 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

One of the better club tartans, always meant to buy a scarf. Wonder if they are still available. 

Didn't like the original tartan one but then I seem to be the one person that hated the Barca one. 

Can't see how tartan fits with the navy blue image, intrigued.  

Possibly a trim up the side or internal lining.