The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would get rid of Ross tomorrow if it was possible. He's a waste of a probably not inconsiderable wage.

Punt him on loan to Cove or Peterhead for the season and then release him at the end of the season. 

At least he has the family bakery to fall back on because I have a feeling he'll need some alternative employment options come next summer. 

Get a grip. He'll get a club no bother.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would get rid of Ross tomorrow if it was possible. He's a waste of a probably not inconsiderable wage.

Punt him on loan to Cove or Peterhead for the season and then release him at the end of the season. 

At least he has the family bakery to fall back on because I have a feeling he'll need some alternative employment options come next summer. 

Harsh words but agree getting rid if possible

Ross is absolutely fine as a footballer and will easy get a club whenever he moves from the Rovers.

My issue is that we haven't seen anywhere near enough from him relative to the length of contract etc.

30 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Get a grip. He'll get a club no bother.

He's permanently injured and barring a two month purple patch when he first came back to us, not very good at football. Other than possibly McGlynn, no other manager of a full time football club is taking him on. 

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It feels a little harsh to be too critical of Ethan Ross's injury record when there's fairly widespread agreement that it's at least in part been caused and/or exacerbated by mismanagement within the football club. 

Did Ross's injury not occur under the current management at the start of last season? I didn't think it was one that was carried forward from the McGlynn days. 

42 minutes ago, Raith1234 said:

What does everyone think the attendance will be at the Dunfermline game? Looking at the ticketing system it seems like there’s still plenty of seats. A lot of availability still in the singing section which may be worrying?

There was around 4000 at the Friday night game which was abandoned, so given that it's the League Cup (no season tickets), live on the telly and right at the start of the Fife fair fortnight, I'll say between 3000 and 3500.

51 minutes ago, Raith1234 said:

What does everyone think the attendance will be at the Dunfermline game? Looking at the ticketing system it seems like there’s still plenty of seats. A lot of availability still in the singing section which may be worrying?

Allot of my mates (Pars fans) are just watching it on the box, because a few people aren't going, more people then decide not to go etc etc. 

I'd really rather we hadn't drawn each other tbh.

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Ross was absolutely fine as a footballer and will easy get a club whenever he moves from the Rovers.

My issue is that we haven't seen anywhere near enough from him relative to the length of contract etc.

Thats the problem.Certainly not the player he was initially

What’s everyone’s thoughts on season ticket sales so far and what would be a successful number of sales once the serious stuff starts?

I’m probably in the minority of being a bit underwhelmed at the numbers so far given how many of them are now free, coupled with the significant improvements both on and off the park.

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on season ticket sales so far and what would be a successful number of sales once the serious stuff starts?

I’m probably in the minority of being a bit underwhelmed at the numbers so far given how many of them are now free, coupled with the significant improvements both on and off the park.

It's hard to say if the figures are good or not unless we know how many of the ones sold are freebies.

The end of last week was the first pay day for a lot of people since they went on sale, so hopefully there's a spike in sales this week, but it could be that folk are waiting until the summer holidays are past and buy them in the run up to the first game for which they're vaild (Morton on 12th August).

57 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

They have said “sold” with regard to the 1,400…agree, underwhelming if that total includes the freebies.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

They have said “sold” with regard to the 1,400…agree, underwhelming if that total includes the freebies.

Might be underwhelming and they might be a good deal, but I have (for example) less pound notes in my pocket than I did last year so need to prioritise. I’m sure there are many others like me out there.

Good deal if you can take advantage of it 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

I wouldn't say it's underwhelming, there's still a month until the league kicks off. It does say season tickets sold but that probably means that it doesn't include the under 12 tickets as they're free and not sold.

43 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Might be underwhelming and they might be a good deal, but I have (for example) less pound notes in my pocket than I did last year so need to prioritise. I’m sure there are many others like me out there.

Good deal if you can take advantage of it 

It's worth remembering that while everything coming out the club is music to our ears, it'll be very hard to gauge how well it's registering with the wider public in Kirkcaldy. As you say, most people will be worse off compared to last year. Over the last few years there's been so much done on the community side with the foundation which is a slow burner. We're doing well for our starting point.