The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Other than Euan Murray

Isn’t Murray still under contract at Hartlepool? But there were rumours/talk of him being at starks park whether that’s true we don’t know if he was to come back up to Scotland maybe back to the pars 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Isn’t Murray still under contract at Hartlepool? But there were rumours/talk of him being at starks park whether that’s true we don’t know if he was to come back up to Scotland maybe back to the pars 

Pretty sure Hartlepool would be happy to offload him, same as Paterson. Both would likely require wage cuts to end up back in the Scottish championship...

32 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Doubt he'll go to the Pars they appear to have plenty of cover. He may also have just been using us for training facilities. 

Reading over the recent threads, I think we are all in agreement that we need more defensive recruitments.

For me prior to the pre-season games we needed two solid centre backs and a wingback who could play on either flank since we had Corr (CB), Dick (LB/CB), Masson (RB/CB) and Mullen (RB) signed up.

Following this we have signed Watson (CB) and have given a trial to Paterson (LB/RB), which hopefully we can sort something out with Hartlepool to sign him on a longer basis.

This then leaves us with the final centre back space to fill and I can’t see this being filled until August when the Scottish Premiership and English teams getting ready for the new season.

Outside of that I would say we need another central midfielder to fill the space vacated by Spencer. Doing this would the make us competitive for the season ahead.

I dont really mind if we don't have another CM, Brown Matthews and McGill can all do the Number 6 job, Stanton, Easton and even Vaughan can provide the Number 8 role. 

Would definitely want at least another CB and full back cover. Before we got another CM in, I'd want some kind of cover for Hamilton, likely via the loan system...

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Think he was linked with us and Falkirk in January. Apparently the loan deal was nearly agreed with us but Harltlepool binned it at the last minute, can't remember if they changed their manager or something but it stopped the deal happening. I heard a rumour back then that if we went up he'd sign for us permanently but that was the last I heard of that.

We've got decent cover at CB but I would take him. Another experienced defender. We have Bene who will play if fit, but depends if going four or five at the back. If doing the latter we'll use three CB's and cover would probably be required. Otoo is still young and a bit raw, Fisher should play most weeks as will Rhys Breen but the latter picks up his fair share of injuries.

Personally I'd take him. More experience, decent defender and also a nuisance in the opposing box. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up with one of us.

Edited by The Toun Clock

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

This is from the Southern Reporter which looks to be a sister newspaper of the FFP.

Borderer Jack Hamilton looking forward to making debut for Raith Rovers against former club East Fife | The Southern Reporter

Can't be that closely related, there is no mention of the 500k losses...

Mate was down at Starks park getting his season ticket bought and new home top and he said he had a nice chat with one of the directors and he asked if there’s going to be anymore incomings with the defenders they simply said that we’re actively looking for defenders and couldn’t exactly say when to expect any in.

it’s hard at this time as other clubs are just starting pre season to see what they gonna do with the players so hinting either looking down south or the premiership  and also the use of the loan market could be later on down the line. 

6 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Mate was down at Starks park getting his season ticket bought and new home top and he said he had a nice chat with one of the directors and he asked if there’s going to be anymore incomings with the defenders they simply said that we’re actively looking for defenders and couldn’t exactly say when to expect any in.

it’s hard at this time as other clubs are just starting pre season to see what they gonna do with the players so hinting either looking down south or the premiership  and also the use of the loan market could be later on down the line. 

Yeah, assumed this would be the case. Don’t think we’ll see another centre half for another 5 or 6 weeks, by which time everyone’s knickers will be thoroughly pished. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, assumed this would be the case. Don’t think we’ll see another centre half for another 5 or 6 weeks, by which time everyone’s knickers will be thoroughly pished. 

And quite rightly so. The season starts next Saturday. Murray said himself he wanted his squad completed before the cup games started. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The league Cup, potentially could get us some decent early season income. I get that it's nor just a case of snapping your fingers and conjuring up a CB, and I do take the point that it's not exactly a flush market with them.

Still though, it's frustrating to have to try and get out of the group with the same glaring defects as we had last summer.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

The league Cup, potentially could get us some decent early season income. I get that it's nor just a case of snapping your fingers and conjuring up a CB, and I do take the point that it's not exactly a flush market with them.

Still though, it's frustrating to have to try and get out of the group with the same glaring defects as we had last summer.

It is disappointing we haven’t learned when we let an experienced, decent defender leave last season in Bene and did the same this year with Lang( assuming of course we didn’t make an offer) for both to sign a league below and we are left looking around again. Hopefully we get a good one in eventually.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's not ideal but I'd far rather we didn't panic buy a CB with the start of the cup in mind.

Management know what we need, it's just a matter of the right player being available. 

As long as we have one by the start of the league campaign or thereabouts. 

Of similar thinking. Would you rather get a 5/10 centre half now, or potentially an 8 or a 9 in 4 weeks time? We aren’t going to get a good loan centre half at this point of pre-season. Not ideal but is what it is. 

All this chat around the club haven't learned is very unfair,  considering we are still in pre season.

A lot of business has already been done, including a genuine championship standard striker and an experienced centre back.  The final pieces aren't in place yet, but it's a real shame to see some starting to trot out lines like this at this stage.

Edited by CALDERON

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

All this chat around the club haven't learned is very unfair,  considering we are still in pre season.

A lot of business has already been done, including a genuine championship standard striker and an experienced centre back.  The final pieces aren't in place yet, but it's a real shame to see some starting to trot out lines like this at this stage.

If you head over to our page it's exactly the same folk with exactly the same nonsense barfed out every summer. It's very tiresome. It's the 6th of July FFS.