The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

It is good to have the option of players plating elsewhere when half the team is injured yet again, but we should not be looking at doing so for any period of time. 

Correct, able, but not complelled, is what we need. I think by now the scan results for Brown will have been digested and we will either see action to bring in another DM or not depending on what they found.

Similarily, the Ross front is very quiet, which makes me think something is going on...either he's about back or maybe they have him lined up to go to Cove? If Cove are willing to kick in a decent part of his salary, a loan there till December wouldnt cripple our winger total too much and would get him back to playing speed without taking away from our game.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Similarily, the Ross front is very quiet, which makes me think something is going on...either he's about back or maybe they have him lined up to go to Cove? If Cove are willing to kick in a decent part of his salary, a loan there till December wouldnt cripple our winger total too much and would get him back to playing speed without taking away from our game.

I think a 6 month loan to cove, or even Hamilton could be a good move, a chance to get his fitness up, find his form and potentially come back with a swagger and a point to prove

11 minutes ago, renton said:

How long is Scott Brown likely to be out?

Would like to know myself. By a long distance the most important player in the team.

Shudder thinking about that last away day to Patrick without him with Akio running about like a headless chicken. 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Would like to know myself. By a long distance the most important player in the team.

Shudder thinking about that last away day to Patrick without him with Akio running about like a headless chicken. 

^^^this. Brown being fit is pivotal. Has the captaincy been taken away from him. Matthews being injured too will present more problems ie, leadership on the park. I’m sure Watson will assert himself with Dick doing the donkey work, sorry tried not to make that sound like a pun😆😆

Edited by Stardog_champion

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Absolutely horrendous day that was ! 

3 hours ago, renton said:

How long is Scott Brown likely to be out?

That’s the biggest question. IM only revealed he was injured and had required a scan about a week ago in the Kelty pregame interview. Brown was described as having a “minor setback in practice earlier this week” and had a scan that day. He was also compared “like Aiden” before that information, so it’s pretty unclear what’s wrong, but maybe a hangover of some sort from last season.

3 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Absolutely horrendous day that was ! 

Earliest I’ve ever left a game. Not my style as I’m there to the final whistle almost always however the performance that day was unwatchable. It was like a team of misfits vs a slick Patrick team.

It’s put the Raith 2 v 5 Cove game back in my head typing that out. A bizarre game of football that was.

Earliest I left was around the 65th minute when we were getting horsed 4-0 by Ayr at home a couple of seasons back. Liam Dick getting the run around that day and was subbed off at half time im sure. 

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Earliest I left was around the 65th minute when we were getting horsed 4-0 by Ayr at home a couple of seasons back. Liam Dick getting the run around that day and was subbed off at half time im sure. 

39th minute.

11 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I almost never do that, but I was almost home, 15 miles away, by the time the full time whistle went that day. Also left early that midweek game v Hamilton last season where we lost 1-2 after being 1-0 up. The exact moment I knew it wasn’t happening was when Goncalves blazed a cut back over the bar from about 8 yards. Knew the season was over at that exact moment, just fucked off home. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Aye, that was grim. Think I was around the same time when we got hosed by Dumbarton in the Locke season from having been 1 up

I left before half time when Rangers beat us 6-0 at Starks to win the league in the 96/97 season. It was when they went 3 up and must've been around the 35-40 minute mark

I was sat in the Railway Stand which was 90% full of them and I'd had quite enough of that. 

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Earliest I left was after 35 minutes at Ross County in the Challenge Cup, when Cuthbert was in charge.

I can remember fucking off when Ross County scored a 3rd against our superb Argentinian goalkeeper, his name thankfully escapes me at this time (Ramierez?), anyhoo I went to the Path Tavern, 10 minutes walk and drive, only to find out by the time I got there it was 7. Best walk out early ever !!