The New Raith Rovers Thread

Given Ayr's biggest/only threat is down the wings, it makes sense that Murray would have preferred a left back at left back rather than a makeshift one. Wouldn't be shocked if McGill was to come in on Saturday with Dick moving over.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

It will really depend on how Murray wants to set up on Saturday. Mcgill at lb and dick at cb with brown next to Byrne is probably how I would go. I prefer dick at cb just simply because he's not expected to get forward and he's decent in the air. I also think browns drive in midfield will be sorely missed if he is at cb. We've seen how effective dick at cb and McGill at lb was at eep at sitting in and absorbing the pressure. Utd obviously have a bit more quality than the pars do though so he might decide to just have a go in which case Byrne will either play on his own in the 4132 or he'll bring stanton back to sit next to him. Some big decisions for Murray to make this week and alot depends on the availability of Watson. 

With you on that

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

It will really depend on how Murray wants to set up on Saturday. Mcgill at lb and dick at cb with brown next to Byrne is probably how I would go. I prefer dick at cb just simply because he's not expected to get forward and he's decent in the air. I also think browns drive in midfield will be sorely missed if he is at cb. We've seen how effective dick at cb and McGill at lb was at eep at sitting in and absorbing the pressure. Utd obviously have a bit more quality than the pars do though so he might decide to just have a go in which case Byrne will either play on his own in the 4132 or he'll bring stanton back to sit next to him. Some big decisions for Murray to make this week and alot depends on the availability of Watson. 

Dick didn't play at EEP...

I know the point you're making though and I think he'll go with a similar set up to EEP for this match. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Dick didn't play at EEP...

I know the point you're making though and I think he'll go with a similar set up to EEP for this match. 

I had to watch the game on a shit pixelated stream so it could have been big Marv playing for all I knew. Watson and brown at cb that day eh? Which I guess goes against my point in fairness. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I had to watch the game on a shit pixelated stream so it could have been big Marv playing for all I knew. Watson and brown at cb that day eh? Which I guess goes against my point in fairness. 

It was Watson and Murray that day with McGill at left back. 

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It was Watson and Murray that day with McGill at left back. 

My memory is shocking when it comes to remembering things like that. I wasn't in the country that day though so I'm putting it down to that. At least I remembered mcgill was at lb though 😅

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Recent email from the club:

* Club considering giving Utd the away Railway Stand section.

* Dundee Utd have sold 2322 tickets with about 500 left in the North Stand. Dundee Utd expecting to sell 3000 away tickets and if given the Railway Stand would bump their allocation to 3300. If they were to fill the Railway Stand as well it would generate an additional £8,500 for the club. 

* Prior to suspending tickets sales in Railway Stand only 19 tickets had been bought for that section. 

* Club can relocate punters from that stand to South or Main Stand.

* At the moment 533 home tickets have been sold in addition to our 1,895 season ticket holders.

* Club anticipating an additional 500 to 1000 home tickets being purchsed before Saturday bringing home crowd to about 3,300. 

* Singing section folk in South Stand have said they plan to sit there for this game even if Railway Stand was an option. 

Not getting the numbers here

Home and away ends both hold 3300 so if Utd have sold 2322 with still 500 tickets  left and expecting to sell 3000 why would they require RS section?

🤔

I think we have a fair few rotten seats around the ground, the south stand is showing its age due to poor/lapsed maintenance over the years  and I think the North is/was worse

Did I imagine it or is the guy who went to St Johnstone returned to his job sorting out the stadium? 

Edited by pub car king

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Home and away ends both hold 3300 so if Utd have sold 2322 with still 500 tickets  left and expecting to sell 3000 why would they require RS section?

🤔

Dundee utd are expected to sell a minimum of 3k tickets. I’m all for giving them the railway stand. We won’t sell out the south and main stands so why have empty seats. When was the last time we did sell out both our stands? Not very many times anyway. It’s a no brainier from a business point of view. 

I also see some saying we shouldn’t give them the railway stand on twitter etc and that we shouldn’t allow them to out number us. It’s a fair point but if we can get some extra cash then maybe that can be used for a loan signing in January and could make the difference … I bet those people wouldn’t be complaining then. 

I think the singing section is a bit of a flop and hard to argue that it has been successful. We should close the singing section for normal games and then consult the fans on the bigger games 

ps the whole post isn’t aimed at you rovers_lad, was just making some comments 

Edited by Offshore Rover

I totally agree with you on everything you say but was questioning the numbers in the email thats all but pub car king probably answered the reasoning

As I said on another thread, singing section at the opposite end of the ground from the main home hub was never going to work,if It had been at the home end of RS it might have

Obviously that wasn,t an option

Edited by Rovers_Lad

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Might just be me but from memory Liam Dick played a few games a centre back and did well

Dick and Murray both would prefer the LCB…just saying, it might be better to use the natural RCB instead.

The singing section is undoubtedly a good idea but having it at the opposite end of the stadium from the rest of the home fans was always going to be an issue. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Dick and Murray both would prefer the LCB…just saying, it might be better to use the natural RCB instead.

It's a tired argument at this stage? Two left footed people can't play at cb, whereas two right footed cbs isn't ever questioned... It's akin to saying people aren't good enough because they are too young, which is definitely not a side of the fence you're known for tx. 

Euan Murray is actually as good with his right foot as he is with his left and has played in every position across a rovers defence. One thing I will say, and he admitted it himself when he signed, he does look like he's lost a yard of pace. 

16 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think we have a fair few rotten seats around the ground, the south stand is showing its age due to poor/lapsed maintenance over the years  and I think the North is/was worse

As I recall, Barrowman mentioned some broken seats at Stark's Park. (Actually over 629 seats that need repair, Barrowman at 20:40)

Capacity...Stark's Park is listed as either 8,473 or 8,867; officially the North and South Stand each have a capacity of 3,370, the Main Stand is listed at about 1,000 capacity, the SM Lighting Stand holds some 600-700 or so. That gives us about 7,700-7,800 possible seats to sell, after you take away the damaged seats.

16 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

🤔

Best guess...if 2/3 the damaged seats are in the away end (I'd repair the Home seats first, more likelihood of selling them), then that's about 3,000 seats available for Dundee U. That matches the release, and any above that 3,000 would require seats in the SM Electrical Stand...honestly, if we can move the Singing Section fans and sell Dundee U the whole thing, do it! These away tickets are £24 each (Adult), so an extra 300 sold would be a cool £7,200 extra.

As for Home attendance...trolling back a few years...

22-23 4,436 vs Motherwell

21-22 3,417 vs Killie

20-21 only 300 allowed vs ICT

19-20 3,225 vs Falkirk

18-19 6,013 vs Pars

17-18 4,496 vs Alloa

16-17 5,899 vs Pars

15-16  6,943 vs Rangers

14-15 6,250 vs Rangers

13-14 4,039 vs Dundee

12-13 7,144 vs Celtic

11-12 3,629 vs Dundee

Edited by TxRover

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

Recent email from the club:

* Club considering giving Utd the away Railway Stand section.

* Dundee Utd have sold 2322 tickets with about 500 left in the North Stand. Dundee Utd expecting to sell 3000 away tickets and if given the Railway Stand would bump their allocation to 3300. If they were to fill the Railway Stand as well it would generate an additional £8,500 for the club. 

* Prior to suspending tickets sales in Railway Stand only 19 tickets had been bought for that section. 

* Club can relocate punters from that stand to South or Main Stand.

* At the moment 533 home tickets have been sold in addition to our 1,895 season ticket holders.

* Club anticipating an additional 500 to 1000 home tickets being purchsed before Saturday bringing home crowd to about 3,300. 

* Singing section folk in South Stand have said they plan to sit there for this game even if Railway Stand was an option. 

Was this meant to go to all season ticket holders? The only stuff I've got recently was one today promoting the match and a sponser a shirt one.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As I recall, Barrowman mentioned some broken seats at Stark's Park. (Actually over 629 seats that need repair, Barrowman at 20:40)

Capacity...Stark's Park is listed as either 8,473 or 8,867; officially the North and South Stand each have a capacity of 3,370, the Main Stand is listed at about 1,000 capacity, the SM Lighting Stand holds some 600-700 or so. That gives us about 7,700-7,800 possible seats to sell, after you take away the damaged seats.

Best guess...if 2/3 the damaged seats are in the away end (I'd repair the Home seats first, more likelihood of selling them), then that's about 3,000 seats available for Dundee. That matches the release, and any above that 3,000 would require seats in the SM Electrical Stand...honestly, if we can move the Singing Section fans and sell Dundee the whole thing, do it! These away tickets are £24 each (Adult), so an extra 300 sold would be a cool £7,200 extra.

21-22 3,417 vs Killie

20-21 300 vs ICT

19-20 3,225 vs Falkirk

18-19 6,013 vs Pars

17-18 4,496 vs Alloa

16-17 5,899 vs Pars

15-16  6,943 vs Rangers

14-15 6,250 vs Rangers

13-14 4,039 vs Dundee

12-13 7,144 vs Celtic

11-12 3,629 vs Dundee

Let's try and forget this one happened!

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Best guess...if 2/3 the damaged seats are in the away end (I'd repair the Home seats first, more likelihood of selling them), then that's about 3,000 seats available for Dundee. That matches the release, and any above that 3,000 would require seats in the SM Electrical Stand...honestly, if we can move the Singing Section fans and sell Dundee the whole thing, do it! These away tickets are £24 each (Adult), so an extra 300 sold would be a cool £7,200 extra.

21-22 3,417 vs Killie

20-21 300 vs ICT

19-20 3,225 vs Falkirk

18-19 6,013 vs Pars

17-18 4,496 vs Alloa

16-17 5,899 vs Pars

15-16  6,943 vs Rangers

14-15 6,250 vs Rangers

13-14 4,039 vs Dundee

12-13 7,144 vs Celtic

11-12 3,629 vs Dundee

Interesting approach you have there thinking we can sell the seats to Dundee fans when we're playing Dundee United!

26 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Was this meant to go to all season ticket holders? The only stuff I've got recently was one today promoting the match and a sponser a shirt one.

Was thinking the same. 
I’m not a ST holder but normally get the emails about games etc. 

Haven’t got the one with the option to vote on giving the RS to Utd.