The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I hope that we can find a place to house the community foundation after this, it would be good, but probably financially unlikely to invest in specific facilities for training and the community teams.

Kelty ?

18 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Artificial pitches to be banned in Premiership from 2026

FootballsIMAGE SOURCE,SNS Image caption,

All Scottish Premiership football will be played on grass pitches come late-2026

• Published
    3 minutes ago

Scottish Premiership clubs have voted to ban artificial pitches in the top flight from 2026.

The SPFL this month issued a resolution to be voted on by all 12 Premiership clubs, with nine votes required for it to pass.

Next season's top flight will be made up of Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Rangers, St Johnstone, St Mirren and either Raith Rovers or Ross County.

Livingston, relegated from the Premiership this season, and Kilmarnock have artificial pitches but Killie plan to return to a grass surface in 2025.

Hamilton Academical, who have won promotion to the Championship, are the only other club to have used artificial turf in the top flight between 2008 and 2011 and from 2014 to 2021.

A league spokesperson said: "The SPFL board has granted a two-year period to allow clubs with an artificial pitch to plan for the phasing out of artificial pitches in the top tier of Scottish football.

"The SPFL board recently approved plans for a Premiership-wide project to work with a leading pitch consultancy firm, which is regularly used by Uefa, to improve the standards of grass pitches in the cinch Premiership. The SPFL will be engaging with Premiership clubs on this project ahead of the new season."

Is that the same UEFA that have already approved artificial pitches🤷🏻‍♂️

that is some outside the box thinking right there. 

I'm guessing no planning permission needed either which was what stopped the snack bar on Pratt Street. 

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm guessing no planning permission needed either which was what stopped the snack bar on Pratt Street. 

Inside the box, shirley ?🫣

14 minutes ago, pub car king said:

My laddie does the football training thing as part of the Community Foundation on a Saturday and Sunday morning at Starks - this is not going to help my waist line 😄

Talking of utilising existing space. 

Would it be feasible to fill in the massive wastes of space in front of the main stand that used to be terracing? 

Potentially with pre fab executive boxes by removing the wall that runs along the pitch.

Would they obscure the view from the main stand or would the drop be too much. 

Excuse the poor penmanship that seems to have invaded the pitch 

Screenshot_20240531_141554_Google.jpg

Posted (edited)

That’s absolutely disastrous for us. 

Our entire business model is based on being able to use Starks park for more than the first team games 20 times a season. 

I wonder if there’s any form of appeal for this or is that it?

Also very odd that there’s no mention in the article of how many teams voted to pass the resolution.

The ‘we can’t afford to go up’ thing has always been a load of nonsense but if we were to get promoted this coming season then there could be genuine ‘we can’t afford to go up unless we’re really sure we’re not coming back down for a lot of years’. 

10,000 seater stadium-style pish coming to shaft Raith Rovers once again. 

Edited by stevoraith

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

Will be interesting to keep an eye on Hannah this year.  At the POTY ball, Murray was talking a bit about him when he won the Young Player award.  He actually mentioned that they don't yet know what his best position will be.  He should learn plenty from Stevenson though, regardless of whether he ends up as a left back or not.

He's definitely built like a CB

30 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Talking of utilising existing space. 

Would it be feasible to fill in the massive wastes of space in front of the main stand that used to be terracing? 

Potentially with pre fab executive boxes by removing the wall that runs along the pitch.

Would they obscure the view from the main stand or would the drop be too much. 

Excuse the poor penmanship that seems to have invaded the pitch 

Screenshot_20240531_141554_Google.jpg

I've wondered about this too.  Something like they have in front of the main stand at East End Park.

Davie did say something about using the enclosure in the interview with Andy Barrowman the other day so it sounds like it's something they're considering.

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Our entire business model is based on being able to use Starks park for more than the first team games 20 times a season. 

Also very odd that there’s no mention in the article of how many teams voted to pass the resolution.

The ‘we can’t afford to go up’ thing has always been a load of nonsense but if we were to get promoted this coming season then there could be genuine ‘we can’t afford to go up unless we’re really sure we’re not coming back down for a lot of years’. 

Yip, Falkirk pumped all their money into offering players big wages after selling Brockville. They won the league quite a few times during that period, stopping anyone who had spent their money on 10k seats from being promoted. Think the Pars won it before they changed it to 6k seater and it didn't have to be permanent seating so that Inverness could get promoted to the Premier.

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I wonder if we would/could work with Kirkcaldy and Dysart, provide them with the surface in the Den Road area as there are 2 or 3 pitches there now and use it as a training facility and community area as part of it? Of course it wouldn't be cheap, we'd have to find ways to fund a lot of the work/renovation but perhaps its something that our community work can help influence or garner investment.

21 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

David Torrance is a Raith supporter sits in front of me at games. We all need to email him to take this up the political tree. It impacts community use, for kids and adults, training facilities, money to the club and goes against the football governing bodies that allow plastic in major competitions. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Looks like the prices are considerably less than on a match day, but sadly no curry pies on the menu.