The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Theirs has been really good. The reveal videos have been outstanding.

Just went and watched a couple of them, absolutely brilliant. 

2 hours ago, renton said:

I think "excellent" is pushing it.

Like the man himself, it's a solid 6/10 signing.

The signing is excellent simply because of the variety of positions he offers us. Dick isn’t the best LB in the league, he isn’t the best CB when moved there, and he isn’t the ne plus ultra at LWB. However, if we’re trying to construct a team capable of winning then championship AND moving up to the Premiership, he’s exactly the sort of player who will get the job done as a member of a squad. Turner was the head turner and fancy play maker, who also disappeared for long stretches…Dick was there game after game, filling the role and doing the dirty work.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Your his biggest fan Tx ( or agent 😜) I wasn’t  his biggest fan but a solid , rarely injured guy who never goes missing in games and gives us good squad depth 

I was one of the first to toss his name out before he signed, and I think he’s not done everything I thought he could, but he’s been very solid for us. He’s likely not an everyday starter in the Premiership, but very few Championship players are that, so it’s weird so many seem to hold that against him.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As it stands what are we looking for :- Goalkeeper, RB, CH, creative Midfielder, a speedy winger and a goalscorer 

Only half a team....

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Only half a team....

That's about the size of it, probably be a few loans in amongst what we need, as I cant see too many permanent signings unless we really are gonna go for it

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

With the Partick signings it’s starting to look for me at least, whoever finishes above them wins the league.

If they get Byrne then they’ll be some team.

They are going after some quality players, but we are building from the back. Also we're not short of talent further up the pitch either. 

It's a sign of intent from them but I think 6 or 7 teams will fancy their chances in the league if not the play offs this year. 

Wee bit dissapointed Turner has signed for a rival side, he was largely average but felt he really came onto a game as the season came to a close.  Would be even more dissapointing to see similar with Byrne.

For me it’s a really big season and important for us that both Connolly and Hamilton step up.

Connolly our twice player of the season and 20 goals iirc (in an inferior team). Injury and moonboot last summer and no preseason, it’s completely understandable he never got going. 

Hamilton, watch him in the warmup. Nobody strikes the ball as well as him. Great technique but he’s been devoid of service and lacks apparent confidence.

I hope we keep the ball on the deck more whilst Hamilton is on the pitch this season. Too often we'd resort to lumping the ball up to him but despite his stature, he's far better with the ball played to feet and we'd see the best of him that way imo.