The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Not sure but hearing another club countering deal on offer from you guys…..watch this space & could end up in Fife at end of day……….metaphorically speaking of course.

Dougie Hill is doing great business at Cowdenbeath.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

Can we please just get one thing clear? 

Ross Matthews is not a Right Back. 

Thank you. 

Ian Murray asked Ross how his rehab was going, Ross said “I’ll be right back”…IM heard “I’ll be RB”.

That's another kick in the goolies from Partick, it seems they're after every player we are, and looks very ominous that Hanlon hasn't yet signed and doesn't look likely to, despite all the Courier talk. I hope there's good news on the horizon when training resumes next week

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That's another kick in the goolies from Partick, it seems they're after every player we are

Welcome to our world season 23/24

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That's another kick in the goolies from Partick, it seems they're after every player we are, and looks very ominous that Hanlon hasn't yet signed and doesn't look likely to, despite all the Courier talk. I hope there's good news on the horizon when training resumes next week

Or it feels like you are after every player we are 😉 Byrne, Hanlon etc

Would be delighted if we could get him but I would think you are the favourites to get Hanlon.  Doesn’t he stay in Edinburgh as well which is closer to Starks park than Firhill?

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Were we after Chalmers though? Very good signing for Partick but realistically, where would he play? He'd be another nightmare for the "play your best 11" crowd.

There was a strong rumour at seasons end that he'd signed a pre contract with us, but that must've been all it was, I'm really more concerned  that Partick have offered Hanlon a deal, and that Potter has lost his silver tongue 😂  

15 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's only a blow when seen in the context of stopping other teams from having good players, as otherwise we are probably reasonably well off for skillful players in wide positions.

What is apparent is that Thistle have strengthened well in midfield where they were maybe weaker last season than the one before.

We need to strengthen defensively to compete. We have made an ok start but still shy of a CB and RB to say we are any stronger than we were.

Both teams will want to strengthen up front but again, both teams are starting from a reasonable return on that front.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

It's only a blow when seen in the context of stopping other teams from having good players, as otherwise we are probably reasonably well off for skillful players in wide positions.

What is apparent is that Thistle have strengthened well in midfield where they were maybe weaker last season than the one before.

We need to strengthen defensively to compete. We have made an ok start but still shy of a CB and RB to say we are any stronger than we were.

Both teams will want to strengthen up front but again, both teams are starting from a reasonable return on that front.

I'll breathe a lot easier when we do announce RB, CB, and goalscorer 😊

I don't understand where people are thinking we'll pick up a "goalscorer" when we already have Hamilton and Vaughan in the squad. Are they wanting us to go out and sign Brian Graham??

11 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I don't understand where people are thinking we'll pick up a "goalscorer" when we already have Hamilton and Vaughan in the squad. Are they wanting us to go out and sign Brian Graham??

I think we'll try and pick up a forward. We played enough of last season with two up top that you really want to have 4 for 2 positions anyway, and of the three still at the club only Smith offers any kind of pace and only Hamilton offers any kind of hold up play.

Not to mention that there will likely still be a question mark over Vuaghan's knees....

Vaughan got 15, Hamilton 7 and Smith 6. Gullan had 2 and Rudden 3, so that composite 4th striker got 5. I'd hope Hamilton will improve on his stats if he can avoid further injuries but I'd argue that we need more pace up top if nothing else, and it would only take Easton's goal scoring to drop off slightly for us to suddenly be 9 or 10 goals down over last season...