The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well that's 2 defeats to Dunfermline this season. Thing is before the Falkirk game I'd anyone had said to me..you'll take 3 points from 2 games I would have taken it. Shame it wasn't the pars we beat...

They don't get any more points for beating us...just petty shite banter. Another game done. Roll on Airdrie. Still confident we'll have a decent season. On our day we'll beat any team in this league. No shadow of a doubt!

Still believe we could. Did you think Partick thistle would beat you 5-1? They then go to Hamilton and get beat. If we played you for the next 3 weeks I'd be confident of at least winning one of the games.

Clearly your fishing...but I'm just giving you my opinion.

In other news today, that was a poor crowd for this fixture. I'd be prepared to say that our budget was looking for maybe 5,500, perhaps even up to 6,000. Neither of those figures are unattainable. Not good.

The game at East End was down on usual too by about a thousand. Hopefully we can get this all ticket nonsense booted into touch for the next ones.

Reading fantalk, and comments about sacking players is way over the top.

Fine yes, stripping of captaincy yes, but sacking no.

Not happy to lose v Dunfermline, but we still have 2 opportunities to beat them, and that bonus payment for yesterday has got to hurt.

Pick ourselves up, and lets back on track next Saturday.

Reading fantalk, and comments about sacking players is way over the top.

Fine yes, stripping of captaincy yes, but sacking no.

Not happy to lose v Dunfermline, but we still have 2 opportunities to beat them, and that bonus payment for yesterday has got to hurt.

Pick ourselves up, and lets back on track next Saturday.

That is, if they've received their full wages yet (using the pillar of truth, the courier, as a source)

Everyone who's saying its only one game, just 3 points etc is correct. Despite some of the most incompetent basic refereeing I've witnessed since..... oh aye, his last appearance, the facts are its just one more game.

More concerning, to me, is our apparent lack of discipline throughout the team when we have decisions go against us. This MUST be brought under control, and quickly, by Bert and the rest of the players because our squad is way too small to withstand multiple suspensions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm screaming and shouting at the referee as much as anyone, but players, led by the captain and management HAVE TO get a grip. We are more than good enough to compete, but we need all our players on the park to do so.

Crawford Allan is still not up to the job though....

Edited by GreenockRover

We're having an awful time of it with referees at the moment. I genuinely don't enjoy complaining about them and if they have a good game I'll say so, but the refereeing at the three home matches of the last week has been absolutely disgusting, every single one of them. Allan managed to be the worst yesterday, which is a hell of an achievement. It really puts you off going when you're essentially paying to see the referee ruin things.

I hope it'll start to die down again, I recall a similar spell we went through in our Second Division days where it was seeming at one stage the refs were doing it for a laugh.

I think Grant Murray was right to refuse to comment on him yesterday. Probably wise, we're going to have enough suspensions next week without our manager in the stand as well. Which is a point - could Murray play if he was given a touchline ban? Hypothetically. I hope we never find out. He might end up having to play next week.

A game of two Allans yesterday.

The captain version fucked us with a stupid tackle that was as clear a straight red as you'll see all season.

The referee version needs to look up the definition of consistency and practise it when he's on the job. Total abomination yesterday.

Not to worry. I'll let my mini breakdown manifest itself through cheap digs at the Pars, suck it up and hope we beat them on their own ground in the new year.

Seems to me we were royally f####d over in this derby not only by the DAFC but by the SFA and FC too.

For SFA read Mr Incompetant aka Crawford Allan and Mr & Mrs Bumbling Feckwit his equally inept assistants. The linesman on the railway stand side was over-rulled by by Allan early in the 1st half and there after never offered his advice again his view was as obvious as ours the ref says "my names Allan and I'm in charge" it had wee man syndrome written all over it.

For FC read Fife Constabulary.

1st they decide to all ticket this game despite none of the games at Starks Park against dunfermline being sellouts in the last 4 years. Result a sub 5000 crowd for a game that could have had another 1000 inside had common sense prevailed.

2ndly it was apparently at the behest of the match commander that the (so called) referee took action at half time thus making 100% certain of the outcome of the day.

I don't usually condone violence at the football but I hope the wee shits who came through from Parsland looking for trouble found it in spades down on Links St.

Take note Mr Plod there is virtually never any trouble from fans in a modern day stadium its always out in the streets before and after the game where the Policing is required.

If you don't understand this constable then perhaps you really are in the wrong job.

Edited by Scottydog

I was winding up Leishman yesterday by waving twenty pound notes at him.

He gestured to take them, but the auld hoor would have only spent it on drink.

You..... twenty pound NOTES.. NOTES as in more than one...you been down the docks again.......robbing sailors.

No, we're through to the next round of the Scottish Cup because we beat Airdrie. I'm really not sure what you're point is here.

That in the original tie Hill should've been sent off reducing you to 9 men, instead the referee allowed him to stay on the park, Raith equalised and Hill scored the winner (which he should've been banned from?) in the replay?

Fact is the referee got all the big decisions correct in the game on Saturday, was Walker deserving of a yellow card? Yes, was Hill deserving of a yellow card? Yes. Was Husband off-side? No.

Your own players indiscipline is costing you, time you better start dealing with that than trying to hide behind some conspiracy theory that the referees are out to get you.