The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointing - I was really hoping to see that Anderson had signed. Ah well.

Spence can f**k off, and I really hope he does. The fact he he didn't jump at the chance to sign a new deal after the season he's had says it all. Yes, he wants first team football, but there are ways and means of going about it; namely, stop being shite and look like you can actually be arsed. He didn't deserve first team football for most of last season and will be very fortunate to get another full time deal anywhere.

Spence can f**k off, and I really hope he does. The fact he he didn't jump at the chance to sign a new deal after the season he's had says it all. Yes, he wants first team football, but there are ways and means of going about it; namely, stop being shite and look like you can actually be arsed. He didn't deserve first team football for most of last season and will be very fortunate to get another full time deal anywhere.

but, but,

"Spencey, Spencey..."

Sung 1 guy in the south stand...

Two more imminent eh? I assume this will be the defender and striker that was talked about in the FFP. If you assume Anderson resigns and we snap up a defender and striker then it's just left mid that's outstanding really. If the striker ends up not being Spence I'd still keep him as an option.

I'd agree with Matthew Elder in saying that Anderson wouldn't be training with us if he wasn't going to sign. I think he'll be back with us, and I'd be delighted if that is the case. An unsung hero if there ever was one for last seasons team.

As for Spence, I think Hank Scorpio has called it spot on. We've offered him a deal to get a development fee. If anyone wants to stump up the fee for our #nandos #lourenzos #maga #baller then feel free to do so. He's no loss to us.

Two more imminent eh? I assume this will be the defender and striker that was talked about in the FFP. If you assume Anderson resigns and we snap up a defender and striker then it's just left mid that's outstanding really. If the striker ends up not being Spence I'd still keep him as an option.

We would still need a couple of extra bodies even if that is the case. There is no obvious cover for full back or wide midfield.

I think, Murray has made a faux pas in releasing Fraser Mullan IMO, he could cover CM or RB. I thought he was a good player in a crap league team.

Edited by baillieinleeds

As things stand we've got only 14 signed players, 15 if you include Ellis. Take away the three goalkeepers and that leaves only 11 or 12 outfield players. Long way to go if there's to be strength in depth.

^^^ this

Turnbull said that not having strength in depth was going to be addressed this season.

I take that to mean another 4 or 5 players.

The Mullen love is a bit strange for me. He looked assured at right-back on his debut at Greenock, but was utterly lost in the middle of the park. His first game there was at Dens in the 0-0 draw, and he barely put a foot right.

He looked a decent full back, but nothing more.

The Mullen love is a bit strange for me. He looked assured at right-back on his debut at Greenock, but was utterly lost in the middle of the park. His first game there was at Dens in the 0-0 draw, and he barely put a foot right.

He looked a decent full back, but nothing more.

He's better than Thomson at right back, and now we have no cover for him if he gets sent off. Now we seem to be relying on kids to bulk up the team. Is this the strength in depth the board and management meant?

I'm not saying I wouldn't have kept him, but the thinking that we should have signed him up because he's some kind of utility player is a bit wide of the mark for me.

Barr has played right back, centre half and in the middle of the park, so we do have cover in Thomson's position.