The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's frustrating with him because he's proved he can be a top championship striker notching 11 goals in less than half a season last year, with him being injured pretty much ever since.

When he comes back in, he has to rediscover the form of the start of last season or he'll be another Raith player dropping the leagues next summer.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

No, it'll be the same 11. Little doubt - and fair enough.

As long as we don't replace sub Nade for Stewart as against Falkirk (and as he was about to do at Easter Road) then it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Paco

Rovers home form in 2014.

League: W3 D2 L10
Scottish Cup: W0 D0 L1
League Cup: W1 D0 L0

We've conceded 4 goals in 6 of those league defeats.

4 home games to go: Alloa; Cowdenbeath; Livi; Hibs. Must do better. In the Anelka season we lost 13 home games (cups and league). Seriously, Rovers, get a fucking grip.

Edited by Scary Bear

Rovers home form in 2014:

League: W3 D2 L10

Scottish Cup W0 D0 L1

League Cup W1 D0 L0

4 home games to: Alloa; Cowdenbeath; Livi; Hibs.

Must do better.

Or maybe just accept that you are only a baw-hair better overall than the worst teams in the league.

Our record this year is better than that :)

I think laidlaw is a confidence player and tonight will have fucked that. Mckeown is gash. Ellis has done well recently but the legs are gone (better option than Perry mind) and we need the return of hill and Barr. Nade has the look of a legend but I think we'll always struggle to get 90 mins out of him.

Overall though it's obvious where the problems lie and I think it can be turned around. Murray in all fairness made excellent changes tonight. I wonder if he continues as boss if he'll make a good manager. What's going on with a replacement for Paul Smith.

I think laidlaw is a confidence player and tonight will have fucked that. Mckeown is gash. Ellis has done well recently but the legs are gone (better option than Perry mind) and we need the return of hill and Barr. Nade has the look of a legend but I think we'll always struggle to get 90 mins out of him.

Overall though it's obvious where the problems lie and I think it can be turned around.1 Murray in all fairness made excellent changes tonight. I wonder if he continues as boss if he'll make a good manager.2 What's going on with a replacement for Paul Smith.

1, He made an excellent double substitution which brought us back in the game then everything turned to shit and try as I can, I don't know what went wrong.

2, Save money on a part time wage, I won't miss him.

It's a shame Laidlaw has shipped the points by the sounds of it (didn't watch it) after having a couple of decent games but he does have a habit of doing this unfortunately. It was the same last season as well.

McGurn has barely played in the past year so bringing him in would be quite a risk, especially when it's Rangers away in our next match.

Very concerned about Nade right now - sounds as if he could be out for some time.

It's a shame Laidlaw has shipped the points by the sounds of it (didn't watch it) after having a couple of decent games but he does have a habit of doing this unfortunately. It was the same last season as well.

McGurn has barely played in the past year so bringing him in would be quite a risk, especially when it's Rangers away in our next match.

Very concerned about Nade right now - sounds as if he could be out for some time.

Agreed regarding his injury, however his position as point man is untenable, he needs to be part of a two up front.

He is two up front. As big as anyway.

He's one of the few players we have who has entertainment value (well I suppose you could say some of the clowns in the team have entertainment value). He wastes a lot, with his attempts to take on two or trhee players instead of making a simple pass, but he causes panic in the opposition.

Not all of them in fairness. I'd argue that only one is.

Think we can quickly agree on who that is as well... ;)

Everyone's opinions on the first quarter of games? I went for a B+ on the Raith v Queens thread. Some good victories, but some disappointing defeats. Some expected as well. Could have been slightly better points wise, but a fairly acceptable amount and league position after the first round of games. :)