The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cardle would be expensive. He's inconsistent, but did contribute a decent haul of assists and assists last year. I do also think that we miss his pace.

What it boils down to is value for money. Hearts are going, and Rangers or Hibs might go as well. That's a few big away crowds we won't get the benefit of next season, so you have to question whether or not going for a player who will be on more than your other ones is worth it. Much as Cardle would frustrate at times, I did rate him. On balance it's a no, though; we need to spend the money elsewhere.

I also think Conroy has done a good job despite lacking Cardle's pace and aggression going forward.

i know someone who has spoken to the club and was told full adult price £220 for disabled season ticket which is £110 more than previous seasons,additional ticket for a carer if required still to be decided on,it was free last year

I hope this isn't the case. I will need to check today but if it is they can whistle for my money. I always buy a season ticket for my disabled son and take him as his carer. £110 was decent last year. There is no way I would be paying £220 for him and a further £220 if I needed a separate ticket.

they have updated the official website and it looks like the concession for disabled supporters has gone.

"Whilst the board has done everything possible to offer our regular supporters the very best possible prices, in order to balance the books we are having to increase the walk up admission price for adults from £17 to £18. However, concession prices will stay at £9. Full details will follow in due course. Of course, this makes buying a season ticket even more of a bargain!"

Really? S there will be a walk up concession gate but no concession for Disabled supporters who want to support club by commiting to paying up front for a season ticket. How niave. At least with a season ticket cub is guaranteed the funds, itis more likely people will attend and not pick and choose matches.

Well done! Community club my arse. How do you justify a 100% hike for the disabled.

How can the club justify £220 for a season ticket when attending the 18 home league games at £9 each would only cost £162. There is no way the other discountswll make up the £58 difference.

Sod renewing I will just pick and choose my games from now on.

Edited by graeme_p

No thanks to Cardle. Hugely overrated and I've no desire to go back to watching every single corner fail to get past the first man.

Agree with this. Also, every single time he'd either cut infield when he could go down the wing, or alternatively if he did go on the wing he needed to switch it to his right foot. On his day, he's unstoppable, but he was never really on his day during the run of the mill league games.

they have updated the official website and it looks like the concession for disabled supporters has gone.

"Whilst the board has done everything possible to offer our regular supporters the very best possible prices, in order to balance the books we are having to increase the walk up admission price for adults from £17 to £18. However, concession prices will stay at £9. Full details will follow in due course. Of course, this makes buying a season ticket even more of a bargain!"

Really? S there will be a walk up concession gate but no concession for Disabled supporters who want to support club by commiting to paying up front for a season ticket. How niave. At least with a season ticket cub is guaranteed the funds, itis more likely people will attend and not pick and choose matches.

Well done! Community club my arse. How do you justify a 100% hike for the disabled.

How can the club justify £220 for a season ticket when attending the 18 home league games at £9 each would only cost £162. There is no way the other discountswll make up the £58 difference.

Sod renewing I will just pick and choose my games from now on.

Reading that it doesn't say there isn't a disabled supporters season ticket. Maybe it's just an omission. They have frozen prices for disabled fans despite a price rise for others so it doesn't sound like they are out to punish disabled fans. In fact the opposite.

Why don't you email the club direct, explain your situation and see what they say? I'm sure they'll help you out if they can

Edited by roverthemoon

If it does transpire that there's no discounted rate for disabled punters then that's really poor from the club. The article does say:

However it also says:

Early Bird Prices (until 6th May) Normal Prices

Adults £220 £250

Senior Citizens (over 65) £110 £125

16&17 year olds*. £150 See below*

Juniors (under 16) ^ £30

Disabled See below#

# Disabled Persons – Same prices as above apply. However you may also request a free additional ticket for your carer, if required. Terms and conditions apply

What price above? the adult rate?

Reading that it doesn't say there isn't a disabled supporters season ticket. Maybe it's just an omission. They have frozen prices for disabled fans despite a price rise for others so it doesn't sound like they are out to punish disabled fans. In fact the opposite.

Why don't you email the club direct, explain your situation and see what they say? I'm sure they'll help you out if they can

the statement on the web has been changed twice in a matter of days,if they werent in so much of a hurry to make the announcement and get it up on the website they might have got it right the first time

now, unless the person i spoke to at the club today is giving out duff info they havent frozen prices for disabled supporters,they have increased the season ticket from £110 to £220 the same as the adult season ticket .last season it was £110 and carer free.now, concession walk-up price per game is £9,unknown if that includes disabled but unlikely otherwise no disabled person would pay £220 they are charging for a season ticket .

be interesting to know how many supporters this affects

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I know this may go down the wrong way, please try and take it as intended but why should disabled folk get a discount...

I understand if you are confined to a wheelchair then you are confined to one certain area of the ground that's fair enough, but those with other 'less serious' disabilities who can choose to sit where they like should pay the same as 'able bodied' folk in my opinion.

Now Rovers_Lad let me explain myself and I am not suggesting for one minute that you fall into this camp,

I'm not some cruel heartless b*****d before anyone else jumps in here and obviously I know there are different levels of 'disability' but what really boils my piss is guys going to the football who have a 'minor' disability and therefore registered disabled but they live a normal life, hold down a normal job and even earn more money than some 'able bodied' folk I know, yet they get into grounds at discounted prices and often draw lots to see who there nominated "carer" is for that day so they can get in for free, I've even heard "if you get me a couple of drinks in the pub I'll get you in free as my carer"

No thanks to Cardle. Hugely overrated and I've no desire to go back to watching every single corner fail to get past the first man.

This, went missing in far to many important games, Anderson for me was always the better option but Cardle had a love in with some fans, why I don't know.

This, went missing in far to many important games, Anderson for me was always the better option but Cardle had a love in with some fans, why I don't know.

yep same for me, the Pars fan who warned us to expect 1 good game in 10 was being optimistic IMO.

I know this may go down the wrong way, please try and take it as intended but why should disabled folk get a discount...

I understand if you are confined to a wheelchair then you are confined to one certain area of the ground that's fair enough, but those with other 'less serious' disabilities who can choose to sit where they like should pay the same as 'able bodied' folk in my opinion.

Now Rovers_Lad let me explain myself and I am not suggesting for one minute that you fall into this camp,

I'm not some cruel heartless b*****d before anyone else jumps in here and obviously I know there are different levels of 'disability' but what really boils my piss is guys going to the football who have a 'minor' disability and therefore registered disabled but they live a normal life, hold down a normal job and even earn more money than some 'able bodied' folk I know, yet they get into grounds at discounted prices and often draw lots to see who there nominated "carer" is for that day so they can get in for free, I've even heard "if you get me a couple of drinks in the pub I'll get you in free as my carer"

not taken the wrong way and fairly valid points but you could throw that at OAP,s/Students etc why should they get a discount?unfortunately there are always some who abuse the system

Didn't the club withdraw the free kids season tickets because they felt folk were ripping the pish a bit. Maybe they are thinking some folk are doing the same here. A carer getting in for free makes absolute sense on paper but I suppose someone could use that scenario just to get in free to watch their club. Not saying that is happening as it seems unlikely. I've no idea. There always seems to be some glitch in the pricing structure. Last year it was kids at school but over 16, this year it's disabled fans. It's definitely not clear in the wording they've used so definitely worth a phone call to office.

That's a handful of people at most, strange that it "boils your piss". I'd be directing my ire at the folk who set the prices in the first place, if prices were lower and more affordable you maybe wouldn't see folk doing this. If someone with a minor disability wants to use that to get in for a more realistic price then so be it. On many occasions I've flashed my student card this season to get in for a discount and I haven't been a student for about 4 years. I reckon most of us would take the opportunity for a discount if they were presented it.

That's a handful of people at most, strange that it "boils your piss". I'd be directing my ire at the folk who set the prices in the first place, if prices were lower and more affordable you maybe wouldn't see folk doing this. If someone with a minor disability wants to use that to get in for a more realistic price then so be it. On many occasions I've flashed my student card this season to get in for a discount and I haven't been a student for about 4 years. I reckon most of us would take the opportunity for a discount if they were presented it.

Most chancers more like....

An unscrupulous or dishonest opportunist who is prepared to try any dubious scheme to save money or further his or her own ends

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

This is the same thing that crops up all the time with student pricing. It's not about rewarding or advantaging certain groups, it's about enticing as many people to the game as possible.