The New Raith Rovers Thread

What do people define as "classy football" at this level?

Not sure, but I think I've been spoiled by TV football over the years. It's difficult to enthuse about the football we play. Most weeks it's a battle as there's so little between the sides. This doesn't leave much room for good passing moves and plenty goals.

There's no one at our level playing classy football minus maybe Rangers. Our crowds won't miraculously increase to say 2000+ overnight, it's a work in progress and even with our good start I'd still say we'll not get 2000 home fans at the Hibs game. Beat Alloa AND Hibs and maybe then we'll see the stay awayers taking notice.

And no offence Scary but you've got a cheek to complain about Rovers inability to pull in a crowd when you've used every excuse under the sun about not attending various home games.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

I have a season ticket and it attends every home game.

not quite but must be close to Z on his A-Z book of excuses not to go to the Rovers

still deserving of a green wan though

I'll start it now:

A - Apathy

B = Bakers, Baltic

C = Cold, can't be arsed

D = ?

E = ?

Help me out

M = Murray

R = Raining

Edited by Scary Bear

I'll start it now:

A - Apathy

B = Bakers, Baltic

C = Cold, can't be arsed

D = ?

E = ?

Help me out

M = Murray

R = Raining

P = Playing Falkirk for the 45th time in 7 seasons due to the ridiculous league structure (no idea if that's the correct figure but it'll be something like that)

Edited by rw89

P = Playing Falkirk for the 45th time in 7 seasons due to the ridiculous league structure (no idea if that's the correct figure but it'll be something like that)

D = DIY

F = Freezing, Fairweather, Flu

G = Gardening

H = Househunting

I - illness

K = Kids party

S = Shitty weather, skint

Z = Zoo

...getting there. X could be a bit of a toughie.

Edited by Scary Bear

Come over to the South side FFS.

I want to. The Main Stand is a bit sedate. If I start shouting foul mouthed abuse, where every second word is a f**k or c**t, people will be offended. That rarely happens in the South Stand as you're all dreadfully common and love a good f**k and c**t rant.

S = Swearing.

I want to. The Main Stand is a bit sedate. If I start shouting foul mouthed abuse, where every second word is a f**k or c**t, people will be offended. That rarely happens in the South Stand as you're all dreadfully common and love a good f**k and c**t rant.

S = Swearing.

Pretty sure you would get in with the same season ticket. We got in the main with our South Stand ones on Sat, admittedly via the Raith Suite.

Pretty sure you would get in with the same season ticket. We got in the main with our South Stand ones on Sat, admittedly via the Raith Suite.

Aye, you can do either stand with a season ticket. f**k! My pal went in to the last two games with last seasons season ticket, with unused stubs from last season.

In truth, I quite like the Main Stand. Well, I like the view from the side of the pitch. Singing is banned in there, though.

I want a bunnet for Christmas. On tht note, I only saw two bunnets on Saturday. If these good souls die off and are not replaced, we'll have an emptier Main Stand and lower crowds. We need a campaign to save the bunnets.

Edited by Scary Bear

we have a club that needs every penny and you have a mate using last season ticket to get in

his names not honest john

See there you go. Leaping to conclusions. It was an accident. He has a season ticket for this season too. Honest mistake.

He forgot his season ticket for the QoS game and had to pay in.

Edited by Scary Bear

Aye, you can do either stand with a season ticket. f**k! My pal went in to the last two games with last seasons season ticket, with unused stubs from last season.

In truth, I quite like the Main Stand. Well, I like the view from the side of the pitch. Singing is banned in there, though.

I want a bunnet for Christmas. On tht note, I only saw two bunnets on Saturday. If these good souls die off and are not replaced, we'll have an emptier Main Stand and lower crowds. We need a campaign to save the bunnets.

Always thought you had the potential to be a really good bunnet wearer, Scary - aim for the stars.

On a completely unrelated, and at best only very mildy interesting matter - am I right in saying, and hopefully without jinxing it that we are the longest serving club in the championship?

team - in the division since:

Rangers - 2014

Raith - 2009

Hibs - 2014

Falkirk - 2010

Queens - 2013

Morton - 2015

Dumbarton - 2012

St Mirren - 2015

Alloa - 2013

Livi - 2011

Dunno, that probably isn't very interesting anyway.

I'm bored :(

Edited by renton

Anyone know if the Hibs match is all ticket?

Doesn't affect me as I'm a season ticket holder but the announcement at the beginning of the season seemed to suggest that it'll be pay at the gate at a higher than normal price but advance tickets will be available for the normal prices:

http://www.raithrovers.net/19998/admission-prices-arrangements-reviewed.htm

"Finally, we are increasing admission prices for the visits of Hibernian FC and Rangers FC reflecting increased stewarding and police costs for these fixtures, although there will be an opportunity to pre purchase tickets for these matches at normal rates (more information on detailed arrangements nearer the time)."

See there you go. Leaping to conclusions. It was an accident. He has a season ticket for this season too. Honest mistake.

He forgot his season ticket for the QoS game and had to pay in.

I did the same thing 2 seasons ago, inadvertently picked the old season ticket out of the drawer instead of the current one then at the turnstile couldn't understand why I didn't have a number for that game. The missing/unused pages goes with the territory of not making every game when working away. My rota has me at home for our 2 away games and only 1 home, then when we have 2 home games on the trot I'm offshore...bummer!