The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Christ. I thought he'd retired after Dundee Utd. 

He always scores against us for fun but a 37 year old winger with 7 appearances to his name since leaving Dundee Utd isn't exactly an inspirational signing. 

We haven't signed him, though.

Certainly the tone of the press release read like an incontinent excitable puppy but the reality is he's coming across, he'll train with the team and Locke will have a chance to assess whether he's fit enough/good enough to offer some kind of terms to. If he is, or at least if Locke judges him to then fair enough.

1 hour ago, Martin Nelson said:

Agree totally.

Stand by for squad number 51 if he signs :rolleyes:

Ah, yes. The very recognisable "positivity" of Author Unknown strikes again.

The guy hasn't even signed yet!!

:wacko: Get a grip man.

The Raith fans keep saying he's not signed so why the abuse. Fair enough.

Whilst that is true just take a look at the quote here "I hope we can persuade him to sign for the club because he will be a 1st class role model"

Or another "while he gets his match fitness up, efforts will continue to secure his services for the coming season"

Yeah, the guy is just hear so Locke can take a look.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

The Raith fans keep saying he's not signed so why the abuse. Fair enough.

Whilst that is true just take a look at the quote here "I hope we can persuade him to sign for the club because he will be a 1st class role model"

Or another "while he gets his match fitness up, efforts will continue to secure his services for the coming season"

Yeah, the guy is just hear so Locke can take a look.

Aye, Locke's keen, but if he comes over and is a broken down cart horse, I'd like to think Locke would disabuse himself of his illusions around Skacel. If he comes across and is still reasonably fit, still showing he can cut it at this level - and importantly, can fit into with our wage bill, with it's bag of crisp bonus structure then fiar play, sign him.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, Locke's keen, but if he comes over and is a broken down cart horse, I'd like to think Locke would disabuse himself of his illusions around Skacel. If he comes across and is still reasonably fit, still showing he can cut it at this level - and importantly, can fit into with our wage bill, with it's bag of crisp bonus structure then fiar play, sign him.

Locke was signing the same kind of former Jambo shite for Killie last season plus Kris Boyd who was an broken down cart horse.  Why the f**k you gave him the gig is beggars belief. 

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Skacel was a broken down carthorse when he came to United. Houston still signed him. I fear you chaps are in for a similar experience.There's clearly something about him which Jambos find irresistible.

Locke was signing the same kind of former Jambo shite for Killie last season plus Kris Boyd who was an broken down cart horse.  Why the f**k you gave him the gig is beggars belief. 

To be fair Locke's signings thus far have been decent. Aye there's ex Killie/Jambos in there but they've looked good additions thus far.