The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm all for bringing back former hero's but we have tried that three times previously in my 30 years as a supporter and it has never ended well. While all our best managerial appointments have had no previous connection to the club. 

Even so if the new manager isn't Lennon, Paco, Calderon, Ellis, Mcglyn or Sir Jimmy ill be gutted

Is it just me that reckons not many people will find this job as attractive as we think? Shite league, there appears to be £0 in the playing budget, players made of glass, huge pressure to get us promoted potentially jeopardising their career if things go tits up etc etc. We went for the cheap option with Murray and I reckon we’ll do the same with Cuthbert.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Is it just me that reckons not many people will find this job as attractive as we think? Shite league, there appears to be £0 in the playing budget, players made of glass, huge pressure to get us promoted potentially jeopardising their career if things go tits up etc etc. We went for the cheap option with Murray and I reckon we’ll do the same with Cuthbert.

No. 

As we were when we hired Smith, we are not a particularly attractive proposition at the moment. 

We are pretty much last chance saloon where a career in full time football is concerned. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Should have handed it in at the end of last season. Now he’s wasted what little budget we had which a new manager could have used. I won’t shed any tears over BS leaving with his predictable tactics.

Bit harsh saying that he's wasted the budget when the boys he's brought in are performing. 

25 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Would he f**k, neither would Ellis or Easton, absolutely no track record any of them as senior managers in their own right

What does that matter? Jimmy Nicholl's first management job was with us.

Did no' bad likes. 

The job is less attractive than its been in some time to be honest.  

Decent manager should still be able to look at that squad and be confident they can deliver promotion.  

Priority is promotion no matter how on earth that's achieved.  Partick did that from this league with Dick Fucking Campbell and turned out alright. Its all about getting the f**k out of this league then see where we are. 

Can't afford a choice that's too left field, the new manager has to hit the ground running and get instant results pretty much. We can't afford to think too long term, as there isn't any room to bed in or grow into the job. 

Win promotion, then worry about what happens after that when it comes. That has to be the priority. 

Just now, whereismillar said:

What are you lot like ? you finally get rid of your unpopular manager and you are all going ballistic  :wacko:

Some of our supporters are so perpetually angry that they have to sleep wearing a mouth guard to prevent themselves gnawing their fucking tongues off in their sleep.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I suspect money will now be available for whoever comes in to sign free transfers and loans. Plus whoever does come will want an assistant. 

I expect they'll get told that Cuthbert is the assistant, otherwise we'll have to pay him off.

What does that matter? Jimmy Nicholl's first management job was with us.
Did no' bad likes. 

To be fair I don’t mean it as the players are shite, I mean Barry has spent the cash we have on his players. A new manager will now have to work with what they’ve got. Where as had he walked after the Alloa games a new manager could have brought in the players he wants.