The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it just me that reckons not many people will find this job as attractive as we think? Shite league, there appears to be £0 in the playing budget, players made of glass, huge pressure to get us promoted potentially jeopardising their career if things go tits up etc etc. We went for the cheap option with Murray and I reckon we’ll do the same with Cuthbert.
I see it the other way. Yes it could be more attractive and after the transfer window shutting it's not ideal but we are a decent sized club and certainly the biggest club in this league which we have to be looking to win this season. What other manager can walk into a club like that just now?

Some managers might see it as a risk which could end their managerial career...or some could see it as chance to win a league.

I suspect money will now be available for whoever comes in to sign free transfers and loans. Plus whoever does come will want an assistant. 

When? Does the closed window not mean that the only loans we can bring in are the 90 day emergency loans? And I suppose there's a queue of amazingly talented free agents that every other team were wanting but didn't sign?

Chickens coming home to roost seems to be the phrase I've been saying over and over again in my head. He won't be remembered for much but with what we're faced with now, sometimes it's better the devil you know.

We're not an attractive prospect for anyone looking at this. It's an opportunity for someone to make their name or ruin it. I was dead against signing an inexperienced manager before Smith came in but now it seems that's going to be the likely option. It's that or trying to attract someone like Dick Campbell away from Arbroath.

It's a nice thought for Laurie Ellis to come back and make a name for himself but I wonder how long it would be before we would turn on him if things didn't start the way we would want.

Any manager coming into this job is taking a gamble with their career.

Would give Duffy a crack at the job - steer clear of Hartley, seems to be on a downward spiral since early managerial career success. Heard stories of him being an absolute p***k as well to the likes of youth players etc.

4 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Would give Duffy a crack at the job - steer clear of Hartley, seems to be on a downward spiral since early managerial career success. Heard stories of him being an absolute p***k as well to the likes of youth players etc.

I've kinda enjoyed our at least attempted emphasis on playing the ball on the deck lately. Be a shame to bring in Duffy to have the ball sailing over the top again.

Cuthbert knows how to win promotion.

Cuthbert also knows how to bounce back from set backs.

Cuthbert has bottle.

Cuthbert should be yer man.

Cheap option but definitely the best option.

Look Kevin we all like you here at the Rovers but it’s too big a risk to give you the managers job at the present time, wait till we’re established in the 2nd tier again then we’ll talk. We admire your drive and determination though.

2 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Shocked by the news, didn't see it coming at all. Board now have a big task trying to attract the right manager - and convincing him they're not total bawbags who are impossible to work with.

Is Smith our greatest ever permanent boss in terms of win percentage?

Just edges McKinnon, 55% to 53%.

CBA going too far back.