The New Raith Rovers Thread

You've misheard, it wasn't Jesus Navas he was after, it was Jesus of Nazereth.....

We dinnae want him, he's got an outstanding "tacks" case.

Edit to add, I remember Manny, Daryl and Dan, but I'm certain he was never in the band.

Edited by Zen Archer

Kind of glad we've finally been put out our misery, to be honest. I didn't like the way it was dragging on and at least now we can rid ourselves of the uncertainty.

I'm also disappointed we won't get a fee - it limits our own options with regards to replacements. Then again, we need players so a couple of year long loans (if possible) would be great.

All the best to him at Hearts.

Kind of glad we've finally been put out our misery, to be honest. I didn't like the way it was dragging on and at least now we can rid ourselves of the uncertainty.

I'm also disappointed we won't get a fee - it limits our own options with regards to replacements. Then again, we need players so a couple of year long loans (if possible) would be great.

All the best to him at Hearts.

Well, I kinda called that right at least. Thing is that McG at Hearts at least means we can probably count on loan players and use of Riccarton. Besides, it was unlikely that even with compo that it'd be enough to get a manager from anywhere that wanted to keep him or didn't have a release clause. Them's the breaks....

Someone on Fantalk has suggested a list that includes John Robertson, Iain McCall and Gus Macpherson.

GOD PLEASE NO!

Someone somewhere suggested Dick Campbell. I'd rather play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded revolver.

I see all of these gadgies and raise you John Collins, seriously WTF Bigeen.

Best of luck to McGlynn.... To be honest I'm surprised he wasn't head-hunted seasons ago, example, St. Johnstone with their manager McInnis went to Bristol or the Kilmarnock job before to man they have now....

What now..... Someone good enough to complete the job John started..... But I don't know who...... Someone strong enough to take us forward.....

I wait to see..... RAITH FOREVER

John Robertson, Iain McCall and Gus Macpherson.

Dick Campbell.

Good Lord, no. We can probably discount Robertson after his much publicised problems with commuting from Inverness when he was with East Fife. Besides, he has a decent 'real' job and doubt he'd give it up to return to full-time management - not with a First Division side anyway. I wouldn't thank you for any of the other suggestions either, especially not Campbell.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of promoting from within. With two of our senior players having taken their coaching badges, it would seem the most cost-effective way to go in promoting Murray or Ellis and, assuming Paul Smith would stay on as assistant, there would be some managerial experience to draw on there. I honestly think that would be a better option than chasing a McCall or McPherson.

All the best to John, and thanks for the hard work over the few years you have been with us. Hearts mean a lot to the guy and after all the hardwork you really can't begrudge McGlynn the chance to take the reigns of the club he holds close to his heart.

I just hope we waste no time at all in trying to get a new man in, stil a few players short and they will need time to try and get players in and get to know the surroundings etc.

IMO Cameron, Billy Brown, Hartley or possible Murray stepping up into management should be the routed we attempt to take. It's whether we cold tempt any of the formers to leave their posts - Cameron may feel his Cowden side are currently in a stronger position than ourselves and feel no need to move.

So hopefully we waste no time at all and get the fingers out!

Someone on Fantalk has suggested a list that includes John Robertson, Iain McCall and Gus Macpherson.

GOD PLEASE NO!

Obviously someone who hasn't watched football in several years. Ian McCall! The next big thing!

Fucksakes :lol:

not many suggestions for managers and best suggestions seem to be inexperienced, after that any decent suggestions seem to be under contract

id much rather somone with experience

colin cameron

paul hartley

craig brewster

paul sheerin

Hearts' gain is Raith's loss. I'd like to thank John for all the hard work he put into the club for the past 5 years and wish him all the success at Hearts.

Time for a new era in the history of Raith Rovers. Our board's on a roll at the moment so lets hope that excellent judgement continues and the right man is given the job of continuing the work McGlynn started smile.gif

not many suggestions for managers and best suggestions seem to be inexperienced, after that any decent suggestions seem to be under contract

id much rather somone with experience

colin cameron

paul hartley

craig brewster

paul sheerin

really?

If we arent getting compo then its probably going to be someone out of work just now. TBH John Robertson wouldnt be that bad a shout, failing that wonder if we can tempt 'Arry up from London? :lol:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/23565/it-is-a-wrench-skipper-murray-lined-up-as-john-mcglynn-leaves-raith-rovers-for-hearts.html

It would make sense. If we have no money available to any compensation then it has to be someone either out of a job or an internal appointment. I can't think of anyone unemployed who I'd want to be brought in.