The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We'll need to decide who we're voting for at the next clique meeting. Against The Machine should be able to pull a few strings to ensure we get our chosen candidate voted in.

Apparently he's no longer in the know he just cones on here just to drag out this sorry episode as its deeply affecting him.

43 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Nothing flushes out the misogynists better than International Women’s Day. 

To be fair my wife enjoys making the tea, no point interfering. If it helps....I done the dishes.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

To be fair my wife enjoys making the tea, no point interfering. If it helps....I done the dishes.

Precisely, my wife would kill me if I dirtied the cooker. She cooks and I do the dishes. 

I recall a hustings that was held in the Raith Suite about 4 years ago and at least four nominees put forward their views.
The year Andy Mill got it there were 4 candidates. Andy, Bill Gilby, who now writes the programme, Paul Gilfillan, ex Starks Bark and another season tkt holder from Edinburgh - David someone.

Andy was then re-elected 3 years later unopposed.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Susan is an experienced HR professional and has held several senior positions in Marks & Spencers, Tesco Bank and currently Glasgow School of Art.

I hope Mr Sim is going to install a sprinkler system sometime soon.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

Realistically not many people actually cared about the tweet apart from a few perma angry folk on here.

Well, aye, us on here and the 500 quote tweets and 350 replies to it, which is more engagement on any tweet the Rovers put out other than Goodwillie related tweets. 

By comparison, the "We're in a final!" tweet had 52 retweets of any kind and 23 replies. 

As a general rule, if you're going to try and run a social media account, you want to avoid putting out content that actively encourages a pile-on. "No publicity is bad publicity" is categorically not true. 

In all serious shaking up the board is what we wanted and I do hope that this is a real start towards doing that. Hopefully someone who can start to repair the damage that has been caused. 

I did have a wry chuckle at an HR professional joining given our very current employee issue as well. If she can help resolve that then I'll be very impressed. 

Interesting to note this bit of the statement too:

Football has changed over the years and we as the Board feel that Susan with her HR and Small Business experience is uniquely qualified to help the club adapt. The players and fans of today are very different from the era in which many of the current Directors grew up and to survive the club must change the way we develop and support all of the Raith Rovers family whether that is players, club staff, volunteers, fans or the wider community. For this reason, we have also asked Susan to be the bridge between the Football Club and the Community Foundation. We really appreciate Susan accepting the challenge and know it is the responsibility of the Board to assist her with the implementation of the changes that she will undoubtedly recommend. 

It's not exactly how I'd have phrased it, it's a bit "I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, and now what's it seems odd and scary to me!" but it's an actual acknowledgement of the issue that exists in the boardroom and that led to the Goodwillie situation. It's the closest we'll get to an admission of "We're all old white men", which needed to be recognised and rectified for everyone to move forward. 

This is the first tangible evidence that things will get better again. 

Just to add that as I understand it nothing could really happen in terms of Sim stepping down, as he’s hinted at, and a new chairman being elected/appointed while we didn’t have a fans’ director so good to see the wheels in motion with that too.

Edited by Enigma