The New Raith Rovers Thread

Watching the interview, it’s an excellent sign of the new leadership team that there was some discussion on this deal and work getting it across the line…and not a word of it leaked! Bodes very well for the professionalism of everyone involved.

He scores goals at that level, that's undeniable. I had such high hopes for him, I think he's been with us from about 14. For whatever reason he absolutely cannot cut it in the top flight, could be down to his lack of pace but he's a solid target man that can finish more often than not. 

Pretty much a perfect striker for that level where he'll have the physical advantage on defenders and his pace won't be shown up as badly

I hope he's had a medical (inside joke for anyone at the AGM).

Great news however there was a worrying moment when I missed the word recent in the blurb on the main site. 😱

"Returning to the Livingston squad at the start of season 2018-19, Jack made a number of substitute appearances in the League Cup and SPFL Premiership before starting his first loan spell in the SPFL Championship at Alloa in January 2019 with the aim of furthering his development. At Recreation Park, Jack played alongside current and recent Rovers players Liam Dick and Dario Zanatta."

There was never any remote chance of us getting Jack Hamilton back so I was hoping he would have signed for an English L2/conference team or lower half Scottish Premiership side. Really don’t like the idea of him banging in goals against us.

If he’s anything like he was for us then you’ve got yourselves a cracking player. 

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Full story link includes an interesting comment from Martindale:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/jack-hamilton-departs/

Seems they basically settled for a bag of training balls as he was about to be out of compensation, but the sell-on clause was the key. A very good bit of business, especially if there is room for us to get a little sell-on as well if he explodes. Seems a very savvy footballing deal here, understanding he was coming out of contract at the end of next year with Livi and they would lose any compensation hopes at that point. If he leaves us for nothing, the sell-on cost us nothing: if he gets lured away, we’ll be getting money for him, slightly reduced by the sell-on; and if he delivers for us, we’re well ahead too. This is the kind of deal that professional teams make…a very good sign for the future.

Suspect that is going to be a cracking capture for Raith Rovers. And not the only exciting one that's been in the pipeline. The new regime 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 at Stark's Park.

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I see only two choices for another big move…a keeper as MacDonald’s replacement, and that’s a hard one to make big enough…or a big CH splash…