The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Turner didn't sign a new deal with Partick. If he did sign for us, it would be an outrageously good addition, but I can't see it. Mind you, I said the same about Easton last summer.

Has Easton not worked out for you guys? 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Turner didn't sign a new deal with Partick. If he did sign for us, it would be an outrageously good addition, but I can't see it. Mind you, I said the same about Easton last summer.

Agree about him being an excellent signing, so suppose we watch the space if true.

This squad is looking good.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has Easton not worked out for you guys? 

No he has worked out really well, has had a few wee injuries during the campaign that has hampered him at times and the gaffer also said a few issues with adpting to full-time and championship in one of his interviews.

Disappointed Lang & Spencer have rocked up a league below. On the other hand, they’re entitled to try & earn a higher wage any way they can. Lang, especially, did make me chuckle considering the previous chat of ‘Premiership clubs’.

As for the rumours. Why are we sparing the blushes of a few folk in posting only initials of rumoured signings? The subsequent game of Guess Who? renders the entire exercise moot anyway. Besides, why are you on an internet fitba forum if you’re not happy to see players named in the randomised rumour wheel that is the summer months?

1 hour ago, Raith69 said:

Me neither as I had thought he was under contract, but if we have offered him terms then really decent signing he'd make.

Is he not more of an attacking midfielder rather than a defensive one?

He’s not under contract I believe 

31 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

It's bizarre that Lang and Spencer have dropped a division, thought they'd have more a bit ambition than that. 

I suspect it was about contract length. Brad has the option to remain, but it was a one year deal…signs for two years at Falkirk. Lang was coming off major surgery and was part of a malfunctioning defence…again, I suspect we only offered one year, and he signs for two at Falkirk.

This way they both have security and the expectation they’ll be back in the Championship next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have a no promotion release option and/or promotion bonuses.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I can't see Kyle Turner signing surely he is looking at a Prem gig.

The jokey way the gaffers interview sounded about signing another midfielder makes me wonder now if that is who we're trying to get

On another note I see Tumilty has left Accies, maybe wires are crossed and its RT and not KT 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

These two? 

Screenshot_20230615-192103.thumb.png.6b37258111eabd7d413a7ce37230ae1f.pngScreenshot_20230615-192301.thumb.png.fc1784f361c7694fdc134207c89783ba.png

Second one looks so familiar to me but I just can't quite place him. Could also quite easily both be the same person, now that I look again. 

2nd pic looks like David Norman Jr... 

30 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The jokey way the gaffers interview sounded about signing another midfielder makes me wonder now if that is who we're trying to get

On another note I see Tumilty has left Accies, maybe wires are crossed and its RT and not KT 

We look to be attempting to have two senior options for every position on the park. As things stand we only have 1 for right back. I am a well known, long standing Ross Millen Stan, but I wouldn’t be averse to Tumilty coming in and there being a bit of competition for that position. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We look to be attempting to have two senior options for every position on the park. As things stand we only have 1 for right back. I am a well known, long standing Ross Millen Stan, but I wouldn’t be averse to Tumilty coming in and there being a bit of competition for that position. 

Keith Watson, if it happens, could be cover for right back. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Tbh I wouldn’t mind RT coming back he gives us a different dimension and if we go to a back 3 for example he’s the perfect Wing back over Millen as he’s quicker, better on the ball and can get up and down the flank all game and wouldn’t have to worry about his defensive liabilities at times 

Surprised to see both Spencer and Lang drop a level, but it is what it is.

If you had offered me the window we have had so far at the end of the season, even losing those two, would have taken it all day long, however.