The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's very early days but it's a little concerning that the problems we had last season have already manifested themselves in the two matches so far this pre-season. 

Hopefully things improve once the new goalkeeper and centre back pairing settle in. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we can get through this game without conceding from a corner or within the first 10 minutes of the second half I can't see anyone stopping us this season. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's very early days but it's a little concerning that the problems we had last season have already manifested themselves in the two matches so far this pre-season. 

Hopefully things improve once the new goalkeeper and centre back pairing settle in. 

Bi-po Sham Bo 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I’d rather they manifest now, so they can be addressed.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Jesuschristalmighty...

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Sounds like Masson is playing well going by commentary. 

Having to chose from Watson/Corr/Masson might be a nice challenge.

Edit: Not to suggest Watson isn’t a no brainer, but it’s not as much difference as we might have expected…Corr and Masson just look well capable.

Edited by TxRover

6 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Scottish football at its tinpot best. I don't know the tech involved but can't both teams stream, agree a fair price then split the takings? 

Because they're the home team? To watch the game you're either giving Montrose money to watch it at the game, or you're giving them money to watch it online. When we play Raith away I doubt ParsTv will get half the takings, that'd just be silly. 

6 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Scottish football at its tinpot best. I don't know the tech involved but can't both teams stream, agree a fair price then split the takings? 

Won't be paying £12.50 as its a piss take and I leave for work just after 9. Will just listen and check updates . Would have chucked a tenner for our own service to cover. 

Hoping for a few returning to the squad tonight. Should be a good test though the weather might mean anyone on the edge may be rested. 

Fixtures out the end of this week? 

In what possible way does that make any sense for us? I would imagine most of the very limited numbers of viewers will be your fans, we’d literally just be giving money away for a laugh. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Do we think Patterson gets a contract this time around? Interesting that the young lad from the RRCF is in the squad again, would be interesting to see if he's offered a youth deal if he shows up well around the squad. 

I would say we should sign Patterson as by the looks of central defence we dont need to sign another one as Dick covers that position a lot better than he does at left back 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't get the clamour for Paterson. Before tonight he'd played for us against Dunbar and Linlithgow. Basically a couple of pub teams. He's completely unproven at Championship level. 

He played In the championship last season with Cove under Hartley